Lancer Register Forum banner

Adios Amigos

224 views 10 replies 0 participants last post by  EVO_MAD 
G
#1 ·
On Thursday I handed my VI GSR over to it's new owner, the car was fantastic and I had a great time owning it. I guess the time was not right for me, as I live in town I never really got much use out of the Evo as most of the time I was stuck in traffic. I have decided to go for something a bit more economical but still fairly rapid (it has also received some very good reviews). I certainly wont miss the 6 month service intervals or the 17 -20 mpg with SUL or the Insurance premiums come to think of it. Well I hope you all enjoy your cars and I am sure I will be back in one in the not too distant future as long as I can get a house out in the country so my drive to work is more like a special stage rather than sitting in traffic guzzling SUL. :D :D

G
#2 ·
Have a good one ,noticed you didn't post what car you are getting:) town driving in an EVo guess not what the cars for .especially if your in traffic day in day out.need to move to a town .
See ya !

G
#3 ·
Thats sad. I know someone who traded their Evo in for a 911 because he scared himself so much in the Evo and he wanted something a little slower. He still thinks about the Evo and he REALLY misses it. Like you I live in town (London) and I only drive it twice a week but I really can't bring myself to part with it. Final decision with the missus though. She alternates between loving and hating it. One week she loves it the next she hates it. But that's Evo's though - stirs emotions, love and hate both part of the same coin.

G
#4 ·
bloody true mate, i live in london, got stung on the insurance, fill the car up twice a week, wife hates it.

but still couldnt part with it, it is the best thing i have ever bought.

lee

G
#5 ·
I have bought the new Civic Type R, should get the car next month as there is only one per dealer per month so I took the chance without even seeing or driving the car as the dealers don't even get the demo cars until the 1st of October. My local dealer already had 2 orders which meant a december/January delivery so I had to get one from a dealer 2 hours away but at least it will be one of the first :) . Thing is I am buying a new house out of town which should be built next may so the EVO bug will probably raise its ugly head again once I am out the road :( . I know what you say about the missus having a say, good thing is if I fancy a bit of 4wd action I can rip the arse out of her scooby and the petrol is free :D :D

Thanks again guys, hope I'll be back on posting about my new VIII sometime in the near future.

G
#6 ·
And the other great thing I managed to wrangle was the dealer has given me a car to run around in for nearly 2 months untill I get my car which has saved me from having to buy/hire a car in between the delivery. :D :D :D

G
#9 ·
Evomad

i know how you can get claudius watch me

Claudius are you still happy with youre TME do you love the AYC the ABS it's such a nice car to drive on long straights

have a nice day and sleep tight.

andre

G
#10 ·
Evo_MAD,
I must admit I considered the new Civic Type-R. Let me know what you think when you get it. If the new Integra Type-R was available officially over here I would get one, definitely the dogs ******** ;)
Bloody America gets it (called the RSX Type S) but not us because of the Civic...GRRRRRR!
Warrenders have them for sale as grey imports but I wouldn't consider one without official backup.

G
#11 ·
HH6,

I know what you mean about the new Integra. Looks like a bit of a beast, Brembos nice kit and performance to match. I also considered it but with no official back-up its a bit of a gamble, plus £25K was a bit steep. Once I get the car (hopefully first week in October) I'll e-mail you and let you know what I think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.