Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m thinking of getting some additional driving lights for my 99 E6 GSR to fit in the spaces provided under the main lights. I’ve seen them fitted on a lot of E6’s and wondered in your opinions which make are the best and where to purchase them from.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Driving light are available but are illegal if fitted under the height of the main headlights. Most people fit fogs but some do fit the driving lights.

You can get the proper PIAA lamps from Coordsport, Ralliart or any Mitsi dealer, but they are not cheap.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK SORRY.

Each time I clicked on submit reply I got an error message saying connection reset by peer so I tried a few more times.

Well 12 actually.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, are the only lights that I can legally fit Fog Lights. I only want the additional lights to come on with the full beam similar to if you had added some spots. Would these need to be on a separate switch…like the Fog Light switch, or could they be operated from the HI / LOW beam switch. (Via a Relay )

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you still using the bulbs supplied with the car? If so try the more powerful bulbs. Victor

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Skin,
Legally the fogs are the ones to put in.

It is up to you if you put in spots but the plod could take an interest if they see them on.

You are not allowed any driving lights below the level of your main headlights and as the light pods are underneath them, again its up to you.

You would need to run them through a relay if you want them to operate on the main beam switch.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bizz,
Where did you get your info from? Just asking because the Pug 205 Gti has driving lights below the headlights as standard?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Interesting, i had PIAA driving lamps fitted to my Scood instead of the fogs, was`nt told anything about it been illegal when i bought them.

Rich.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Driving lights (classed as those that come on ONLY with main beam) are legal and some cars come
with them as standard (Lotus Elise, Impreza P1). Fog lights are slightly different.

Basically, any auxilliary lights below a certain level that can be turned on independent of main beam
(not dipped) are classed as fog lights and are illegal to use unless it's foggy.

Ian.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have had the bulbs in my E6 uprated using the following part number DLB600472VP Visionplus bulb. They are a mitsubishi upgrade and in my opinion are worth it, quite a good pattern for the fog we are having recently.

As for the driving lights, PIAA were too expensive for me to buy as i had only had the car a few weeks and the replacement cost's quoted were also horrendous. I have had a prototype kit fitted by Barny which use Hella lamps and cost a lot less. Fit the hole and do the job for me. They are linked via relay as you would like.

If you want I could see if he can post a picture of them or e-mail to you so you can see what they are like.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
HH6,
When I bought the car the garage told me about one of their customers who had been stopped by the police and warned about his spots, and then explained to me about the legality of them being below the headlights.

Sorry if the info is incorrect, only going on what I was told.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Original Post:
HH6,
When I bought the car the garage told me about one of their customers who had been stopped by the police and warned about his spots, and then explained to me about the legality of them being below the headlights.

Sorry if the info is incorrect, only going on what I was told.
Perhaps they were foglights and he had them switched on along with the normal headlights (?) Maybe
they were just pointing out that using lights below the bumper without main beam when it's not foggy
was illegal.

Ian.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SilverVIer. If you could mail or post on the board a picture and where to get the Hella Lamps from that would be much appreciated. Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think you will find there is a restriction on the maximum height that driving lights can be fitted, not the minimum. But as stated above, they must be wired to only come on with high beam.

I wired mine on my Evo 6 and found it to be quite easy !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts