Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
R.e mitsubishi lancer evo6

Please could you tell me what equipment I need to change the active yaw control fluid myself and how much this would cost?

Could you also please tell me if it is a fairly simple procedure ;or would I need to speak to an engineer?

Thank you in advance for any info you can provide me on this subject..
Mr K .Biriah.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's a real ####er of a job apparently which is why some dealerships who service VI's have actually invested in strange syringe-like apparatus. Personally I wouldn;t try it. An AYC fluid change would only cost you around 70 GBP at a dealership anyway.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You really need the MUT-II tester so you can force the pump to run for bleeding the system. Even the dealers have trouble. My EVO6 is going back this Friday to be bled again after an AYC oil change....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you refer to the evo5 and 6 technical manuals available from co-ordsport ( only workshop one is useful)changing the fluid is simply a 'drop and replace' service with no mention of resetting the ECU. It is only if you bleed the hydraulic ATF fluid that ECU resetting becomes necessary.
I have just replaced the fluid on my EVO6 GSR with no ill effects so far.
Make sure you have a large syringe and a reasonable length of tubing to inject the liquid into the AYC filler port.
One word of warning getting the filler plug back in after replacing the fluid is not easy because of restricted access, but with perseverence it can be got back in, but budget yourself about an half an hour to do this.
With a bottle of official Mitsubishi AYC fluid ( nothing else should be used ) for £10 from Coordsport and a technical manual £38 (cd-rom) and a bit of graft you can do your own AYC fluid change.
If you intend to more of your own servicing, it is worth buying the evo5 manuals as well since the evo6 manual refers to this sometimes and necessary diagrams need to be viewed. ( one example is the gearbox and transfer oil servicing .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts