Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

A friend of mine recently bought an EVO7 and now the ACD has decided to start making trouble for him. All of a sudden all three lights came on, he went to a shop to pull the fault codes, I think it was code 45 or 46 or maybe both indicating problems with the oil pressure sensor switch. We had another ACD ECU so we just tried swapping it but that made no difference. Back to the shop and after a few hours following the fault finding procedure they concluded that it was actually the sensor that seam to be faulty.

The procedure then said to change the sensor but the problem is that they couldn’t order just the sensor switch but rather the whole ACD/AYC pump assembly at a horrible price. So the question here is if anybody knows if it’s possible to buy just the switch from somewhere?? A part number would also be much appreciated.

This is quite urgent so if you have any information please share it with us. :(

Thanks,

·
Registered
138 Posts
That is the reason that I took all that crap out of my car and replaced it with RS 04 TC and RS rear diff.

Got fed up with that Christmas Tree showing up.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sounds silly but have you checked the boot reservoir isnt low?
Nahh, they checked all that at the shop, got this answer from BTR Prep BTW when asking about if they knew if it was possible to buy just the sensor:

The simple answer is no unfortunately. We know which company makes the pump
assembly and we asked to buy the switches separately but they were not
interested, and pointed us back to Mitsubishi - who only list the pump
assembly.

I have looked for non Mitsubishi alternatives without success as the 0-5
volt & 100 bar maximum range of the switch is an unusual combination

Sorry I cannot help

Tim Ashton

·
Premium Member
4,874 Posts
there is a small fuse on the live battery terminal.
have you checked that?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I have stock of the switch type pressure switches that suit the Evo 4 - 6s, but the 7s and 8s run a variable sensor in the pump to control the ECU, which has different wiring config too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sorry for bringing this old topic up but i have the EXACT same problem. Now 5 years later is there a supplier for these pressure sensors?
I can supply good second hand pressure sensors. We have collected quite a few of them over the years. Never had to replace one for being faulty though.
We have found that the no.1 cause of AYC pump problems is the accumulator. We have changed heaps of these.

Brett
Meek Automotive
www.meek.com.au

·
Registered
40 Posts
The accumulator is a hydraulic storage vessel. The pump will fill the accumulator to the system pressure approx 1.6 Mpa. Ideally it will the hold that pressure indefinately. However in the realm of miniature compact hydraulics nothing is ideal. You need a new accumulator when you have code 82 - Pump Fail. The Pump Fail code is thrown when the pump connot achieve - or maintain the required system pressure. A bad accumulator will let out the pressure just as quickly as it recieves it. This is confirmed by the pump motor cycling almost continuously. We like to see it hold around 1.5 - 1.6Mpa for at least 5 mins. We watch the pressure reading on the mutt to see if it does reach the required pressure- and for how long the accumulator can hold it there.
We can confirm this with an analogue pressure gauge plumbed inline with the pressure switch.
All you are achieving by installing an adjustable pressure switch, is to lower the system pressure threshold so you wont throw a code. You may as well just short the switch it will be a lot cheaper. If you drive with an AYC pump operationg at reduced pressures you will glaze the clutches. Trying to lock a clutch and not having the force to do so creates a lot of heat and heat causes glazing. Glazing means horrible noises and shudders.

Brett
Meek Automotive
www.meek.com.au

1 - 12 of 12 Posts