Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some flithy urchin at school has given Richard nits :goingmad: I had to comb them out last night & then treat his head with some revolting insecticide, all because someone is incapable of keeping their child clean :mad:

I'm sorry, I don't buy the 'nits like clean hair' thing. If you take proper care of your chid you'll notice the nits straight away (like I did) and treat them to prevent them spreading or returning.

Paul & I never had nits, my parents never had nits, so why in a society that has more lotions & potions at it's disposal than ever before is the problem getting worse?

Bring back the 'Nit Nurse'!

(I checked my hair as well and I'm clean, but I haven't stopped itching since, the thought of it makes my skin crawl :blah:)

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
i rember when i was a kid,i had them once,i had really long hair and my mother hacked it off because of them.
luckily i only ever had them the once,but just though makes my skin crawl the are like fleas :blah: :ill:

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
My wifes a primary school teacher she comes home with horror storys about some of the kids , She sees kids crawling with them every year and its normally the same ones

·
Registered
10,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My wifes a primary school teacher she comes home with horror storys about some of the kids , She sees kids crawling with them every year and its normally the same ones
When there's an outbreak in a class, a Nit Nurse should treat every child with insecticide and send them home with nit combs for their parents to comb out the dead lice & nits. That way even if the parents can't be bothered to use the combs at least the lice & eggs are dead.

It really annoys me that 'nice' people like me should have to deal with this sort of thing. Maybe I'm a snob but I'm a clean snob :lol:

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Some flithy urchin at school has given Richard nits :goingmad: I had to comb them out last night & then treat his head with some revolting insecticide, all because someone is incapable of keeping their child clean :mad:

I'm sorry, I don't buy the 'nits like clean hair' thing. If you take proper care of your chid you'll notice the nits straight away (like I did) and treat them to prevent them spreading or returning.

Paul & I never had nits, my parents never had nits, so why in a society that has more lotions & potions at it's disposal than ever before is the problem getting worse?

Bring back the 'Nit Nurse'!

(I checked my hair as well and I'm clean, but I haven't stopped itching since, the thought of it makes my skin crawl :blah:)
Bit of an OTT reaction don't you think, all it takes it one kid to spread them like wildfire in a large class of kids....does that make them all dirty carina? :)

Im suprised I haven't had them as some of the houses Ive been in at work have literally had me itching everywhere within 2 mins, you can literally feel them biting.....I do agree that a parent should be able to spot them.

Btw, id do all the families hair tbh as whilst you've been looking through your kids hair you might well have got them yourself :eek::crackup:

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,858 Posts
Never had nits as a child but I do remember one time getting chewing gum stuck in my hair.

·
Registered
10,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bit of an OTT reaction don't you think, all it takes it one kid to spread them like wildfire in a large class of kids....does that make them all dirty carina? :)

Im suprised I haven't had them as some of the houses Ive been in at work have literally had me itching everywhere within 2 mins, you can literally feel them biting.....I do agree that a parent should be able to spot them.

Btw, id do all the families hair tbh as whilst you've been looking through your kids hair you might well have got them yourself :eek::crackup:
I know what you mean but it only takes one parent not to bother to check for them & treat them and the whole class suffers. It's horrible.

Paul & I have checked each other, it was like monkeys on Wildlife on One inspecting each other for infestation, except we didn't eat what we found :lol: Both clean, thank God.

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
I know what you mean but it only takes one parent not to bother to check for them & treat them and the whole class suffers. It's horrible.

Paul & I have checked each other, it was like monkeys on Wildlife on One inspecting each other for infestation, except we didn't eat what we found :lol: Both clean, thank God.
lol...close shave then :lol:

Your probably best telling the teacher Carina at school assuming they don't know or you might be doing it all over again :eek:

·
Registered
39,091 Posts
Well they say they only go to clean hair so not to worry. Its annoying but its not a bad thing i suppose, happens to most kids.
:)

·
Premium Member
8,643 Posts
)
Nits will live on any hair, clean or dirty.Youre right about the nit nurse,kids hair need to be checked constantly, :)

·
Registered
10,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol...close shave then :lol:

Your probably best telling the teacher Carina at school assuming they don't know or you might be doing it all over again :eek:
The whole class got a letter saying there had been 'a few cases' in the class :rolleyes: To be honest I'm sick of seeing the letters, there have been so many and I'm probably fortunate that Rich hasn't had them before now. Absolutely no excuse for every parent not checking & treating their own kids - that would stop the spread.

·
Registered
8,873 Posts
What Razor said^

Who's to say that it wasn't >your< child that was the cause of the infestation in the first instance?

·
Registered
10,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They don't just appear out of nowhere do they :rolleyes: I've always checked Richard every time I bath him and I use anti-lice shampoo (fat lot of good it did) on him. After being notified of a case in his class I find fully grown lice 2 days after his last hair-wash when there was nothing at all - so someone else 'donated' them.

Anyway, you're denting my self-righteous indignation, so beggar off :lol:

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
means nowt i wash our kidz hair every nite especially when we get these letters we were told its something to do with clean scalps and dry soap in there hair:smthumbup

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Lice are highly contagious and can spread quickly from person to person, especially in group settings (schools, childcare centers, slumber parties, sports activities, and camps).

Though they can't fly or jump, these tiny parasites have specially adapted claws that allow them to crawl and cling firmly to hair. They spread mainly through head-to-head contact, but sharing clothing, bed linens, combs, brushes, and hats can also help pass them along. Kids are most prone to catching lice because they tend to have close physical contact with each other and often share personal items.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Having head lice is not a sign of uncleanliness or poor hygiene. The pesky little bugs can be a problem for kids of all ages and socioeconomic levels, no matter how often they do — or don't — clean their hair or bathe

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
and last one

all your quetions asked

Truth be told, head lice actually prefer clean heads. One thing we do know is that lice do not jump or fly. They infest a new head by crawling onto the head. This usually happens with head-to-head contact. With children, such contact is suprisingly frequent and wide-spread. There are other ways of lice infestation as well. Shared brushes. Shared clothing such as jackets or hats. Or maybe two jackets, hats or scarves hung next to each other on a rack. Lice also can transfer from one person to another using furniture such as a chair or couch. Cars, busses, theater seats, etc. can also be sources of infestation.Here is another situation most people don't consider...Every human loses dozens of hairs every day. Lice lay their eggs (called nits) on human hairs. When someone with lice loses hairs, some of those hairs will contain nits. Nits can take up to 10 days to hatch. If a hair with a nit is in a couch, chair, car seat, theater seat, etc., it can hatch many days later and the baby louse (nymph) can crawl up to where it can climb on the next human head that passes by. Some people wonder if lice are spread by animals. They are not. Head lice are a human pest:smthumbup

1 - 20 of 30 Posts