Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry folks for the boring insurance questions, but A-plan and N.U are coming out best for me at the moment. £750 with N.U (£600 excess), and £850 with A-plan (£500 excess), has any of you had good or bad experiances with these companies during claims?

P.S Waiting for Pace Ward to come back to me with some good news hopefully!

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
A fellow user I know of got the 2nd best quote from NU, however in his experience he has been absolutely appalled by their customer service (or should I say lack of). They even promised that they would courier his cover note the next day (thats how they got the sale because the other insurer couldnt do it) as he desperately needed it to pick up the new car from the dealer but it didnt arrive. It didnt arrive the next day either. When he called NU to ask what the hell was going on he was told it would be an absolute minimum of 4 days before he would see a cover note and if he wanted it couriered they would charge him for it.

So maybe NU is cheaper for you but if thats how bad it is just to get a cover note I wouldnt like to see what would happen if you had a claim for them.

Mark

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Belldirect are part of Admiral group and in my recent experience quoted about 10% higher than Elephant which is also part of Admiral group. Elephant and Admiral quoted within £1 of each other. Strange as Belldirect claim to be insurers of high performance vehicles specifically.

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
We are with NU which have been the cheapest for the past few years. We have had no problems with them but it did recently take 10 days for them to get the cover note to me for the Audi.

What amazes me is how cheap you all seem to get your insurance. Ours is still over a grand and I shopped around loads last year and some were coming up with twice that amount.

·
Premium Member
2,520 Posts
Another thing to consider is modifications.

When I was getting quotes last month, detailed post here , NU told me that they would only allow 3 modifications.

A-Plan were the cheapest I found.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Norwich union are cheap but you get what you pay for. Garbage payouts if you ever need to make a claim. My advice, pay a little extra for insurance somewhere else.

I'm with A plan and so far everything has been spot on, havent had to make a claim yet though, touch wood.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
While I think of it, nobody's suggested Pace Ward, the MLR's insurers on this thread, I must admit they are pretty competitive, though in my particular circumstances weren't the cheapest or the best deal (which isn't necessarily the same thing), but they were close - I don't have any mods or intend to get any in the next year hence an insurer who doesn't allow mods was ok for me.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Yeah I know, I was just giving you the site info where you can get the phone numbers from. In my experience don't try emailing A-plan or doing anything via the website as they never get back to you that way (just my experience over the last 3 years - others may have a different experience) - just get a phone number off their site for the nearest one to you and give them a ring - and alos don't try the national centre or whatever it's called.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts