Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I'm now in a position to start looking for an EVO6 and amp;lt;YAY! and amp;gt;

I intend to visit the chaps at RalliArt early next year but in the meantime does anyone know of a one-stop-shop (website) for information on EVO6's please? Looking for model info, tips, owner info.... you name it I wanna see it!

Dave Wilson [FTOOC]
http://www.mivec.co.uk

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dave - I got everything I needed when buying my 5 from this site. If you have got the time to trawl through all the threads I think you will be hard pressed to find a better source for all things Evo related. Enjoy :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave,

Try WWW.HH6.co.uk. They have a wealth of knowledge on evo's, the head man even owns one! They are always willing to share their knowledge and must have every piece of information ever written next to the computer. The website is not often active, as they are usually (23 hours a day) posting on here.

In fact, ignore the website, just ask for Colin here. He's so helpful, he might even sell his car to you!

Get a 5. Better brake cooling, prettier and cheaper!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks - but that hh6 URL says the domain name is for sale...?

As for Colin, do you mean Colin @ RalliArt? If so I emailed him yesterday but no reply yet.

Also I think it's gotta be a 6 ... don't know why, just floats my boat :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dave,

Not Colin at Ralliart (is that still a swear word, I lose track), Colin IS HH6 (Heave Ho 6).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dave,

You misunderstand. There is no website, I made it up! Just ask Heave Ho 6 on here anything you want to know.

Sorry for the confusion, I thought it was funny! I'll get me coat!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dave,
Just post any questions you want on here, someone will answer you.

Not sure what you are after, grey or UK but bear in mind about warrenties and buying from a reputable dealer, go test drive as many as you can and make sure they have full service histories etc, post on here asking about the cars history, someone may know something about them.

I'm guessing you are going for a used car, things to watch out for
Crap dealers
Gearbox bearings (replaceable under warrenty)
Warped discs
Do a search on these and you will know what to expect.

Hope we can help

Ryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dave

First, if you are contacting Ralliart I would speak to either Mark Cooper who posts here as T1RBO or Leon who was very helpful when I bought a car from them.

I think that besides the normal things to watch out for the real decision is whether to get an official car or an import. Look back through many threads to see the issues involved. Good luck and don't be afraid to ask.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dave...

I have a comprehensive 6 buying guide on my site:

http://www.jackals-forge.com/lotus/evo/evo_buying.html

regrads

Rich

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the help guys! Will certainly let you know how I get on.

Currently emailing Mark Cooper @ Ralliart.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Checkout Jackal's site. Very unbiased in my view. Be wary of taking what Rallairt say as gospel, they are good but are in the business of making money.

otherwise wellcome to the mad house.

Personally I'd go for an import as the CCC warranty isn't worth much more than the paper its written on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What's the problem with the CCC warranty? If I got an EVO from RalliArt it would obviously have a warranty....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dave

I would suggest you do a search on Warranties to see people's thoughts. However, here is a potted history.

When the 6 was brought into the UK, CCC were offering a 3 year warranty and through an agreement, also provided the warranty on Ralliart cars. CCC were toatlly in control of these warranties, setting the terms and conditions. More importantly, CCC altered the terms AFTER the cars were sold. There are 2 primary areas that have changed. They no longer allow any upgrades or tuning and brakes are no longer covered!! Due to this, Ralliart now give their own warranty on new cars supplied by themselves which is fairer.

Unfortunately, this does not help those who have been caught out. This has happened to both customers of CCC and of Ralliart. Because Ralliart's hands were tied by CCC, some people have become p****d off with Ralliart not meeting the warranty claims and not allowing upgrades. To make matters worse, some people were allowed stage 1 upgrades early on.

So the issue on a secondhand 6 is whether thewarranty is worth paying the usual premium that is comanded by official cars. Simple answer seems to be that if you want to tune the car, it is not worth it. If you want to keep the car as standard, then it probably is worth while. However, it might well be worth checking out Ralliart because I believe that they give their own warranty on secondhand cars they sell, as might other dealers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts