Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys just a quickie for you! I'm after a fast diesel run about for me and the misses to keep the evo for the weekends. After a quick look on autotrader I quite fancy the new lexus is 220d sport or the audi a4, but what about the skoda octavia vrs 170bhp diesel anyone know if they are any good as i have a man that can get me a **** hot discount on one..........
many thanks

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
I know nothing about the Octavia VRS but there was a guy on here not so long ago singing the praises of his Fabia VRS, 170bhp, some mental amount of torque (250lb ft IIRC) and about 55+ mpg on a decent run. I think for the car you get, at the price you pay, they'd be hard to match. Obviously the Audi will be a good car, you can't go wrong there, personally i wouldn't touch a Lexus but that's only my personal opinion.

·
Registered
30,469 Posts
That would be me :D

The new Octavia uses the new 2.0 diesel which I don't know much about.

My Dad has the old shape vRS and it goes well. Both Petrol and diesel are tuneable if you want but they are amazing value for money.

Test drive an A4 and Octavia back to back and I think you will be surprised.

Antony

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANKS

Thanks for you quick response i'm kind of thinking of the vrs as its a shed load cheaper and a little bigger than the a4, had a 130 bhp golf tdi years back and that was good fun .

·
Registered
116 Posts
Volvo S60 D5.

Great quality, good looking, handles well, well equipped, and that lovely 5 cylinder growl giving 170 bhp and loads to the gallon.

After one myself now after much looking at Audi, Saab, Ford etc.

Really is a great car, just my opinion though but have a look.

·
Registered
30,469 Posts
I can get cars like this from 6 months old upto 4 years with next day delivery to your door.

Let me know what you want and I will post a list.

Thanks

Antony

1 - 10 of 10 Posts