Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone know anyone who does a really decent paint job? The guy i had lined up has since stoped sparying to look after hes family and i dnt trust the guys he has working for him. I know for one fact that they over charge and i wouldnt be suprised if they cut corners.
I need my front bumper (not including the lip), wings, bonet, skirts and a small laquer issue on rear bumper sorted. He quoted me £500 which i knew was a very good price but i dont think i'll get close to that anywhere else. There is another place by me but they quoted £700 just for the front alone. as u guessed i told him to *bleep* off. its not like it needs filler or has rust or anythin.

Paint is mitsi satalite silver & code is A69.

·
Registered
12,391 Posts
front spoiler, bonnet and wings for £500? He use an spray can?

·
Registered
225 Posts
ill only be paying £1000+ materials and paint when i get my in for a full respray, however i will be the sprayers bitch for prep work and stripping down etc, oh and pound notes help!!!lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
700 tone for a front end and the other bits for someone to do a top job is cheap, id be looking at 800-1K for that, but there again im ultra fussy and only use people who can meet those standards.

Its all in the prep and much like anything you gets what you pay for ;)

·
Registered
11,773 Posts
got a friend that could prob do for a simular price mike, but obviously would have to get your evo down here :smthumbup

·
Tarmac Tyre Shredder
14,525 Posts
What you mean mate?
He means that it is VERY cheap..

Depends on what paint the guy uses.

We use ppg/standox water based paint with a VERY expensive lacquer..put it this way,it would cost £210 inc in paint/thinners/laquer alone to paint a full satellite silver 6 front bumper.:eek:

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
Sat silver is a bitch to match. My door on my old silver 6 never matched after i had it done :( Tried everything, in the end had to have the whole side of the car blended in.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i know nothin bout spryin (obviously) but its mainly the bumper and first half of bonnet as the the stonechips are doin my head in but my mate told me the wings would have to be done in order for him the blend it.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
na wasnt him. it was andy at trench. he did some work b4 and it was good. so i asked him bout the worked i wanted and he gave me his quote. like i said i knew 500 was a really good price cuz i was waiting for him to say 7 - 800.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Mike, make sure whoever you use is very confident with matching up the paint, silver is a bitch to match up, i worked for 18 years in a factory which moulded and sprayed car bumpers and silver was always a problem to blend in.

If your painter needs to spray the whole front end to get it to blend in / match then how's he going to get the front wings to match the front doors ?

·
Registered
264 Posts
you only flick the paint to the edges of the wing and keep it as close to the bumper as you can .

As long as the paint mix is near as dammit, the blend will be unseen once it has been cleared.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
cant see it being a problem plastics never match 100% due to the static charge they hold so dont worry as long as the blend is right wont be a prob ,similar things with the front wings only really been involved in later evos but being alloy they also never match the doors especially in silver these days you cant paint a wing mirror for £100 if you had to buy all the products even if you brought the smallest amounts ,as said you get wot you pay for if they have no booth /oven walk away youll end up with a car covered in buff marks with ,this makes the match even worse most cars have a slight peel so if its buffed to f*c* it will reflect the light wrong :smthumbup

1 - 18 of 18 Posts