Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just started using my AC since buying the car a few months ago. I have found that when driving and then slowing down to a standstill or just approaching say a roundabout when you change down and dip the clutch, the engine revs drop down so quickly that I have had the car stall. It happened once and the stall light came on and I brought the clutch up at the same time and the car jumped started itself.

Now, if I drive the car in slow traffic with the AC on, then there are no probs. If I drive along say 70mph and I just dip the clutch, the revs drop slowly and all is OK. It seems to be when I am braking and then engine speed is slowing. This problem happens with AC and amp; Eco mode.

Suggestions please.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The engine ECU controls engine idle speed and will adjust to compensate for the A/C load , it wud appear that it has decided not to compensate for some reason , this wud need diagnosis at a dealer with MUT 11.
A remote possibility is a tight A/C compressor.....hopefully not.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is posible that the idle speed control motor is at its limit and can't compensate for the extra load of the a/c
just go to your local dealer and get it reset on the mut. ANNA

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is your car, ie 1,2,3 or 4,5,6? I had this with my EVO1. The problem(s) can be, The stepper motor is stuffed, a small six wire thingee under the throttle body, (very common problem - same on most mitsi's) or
the throttle position sensor is out of adjustment. The ecu only controls idle speed when it recieves the signal that throttle is closed.
Both can be checked with a multi meter by someone who knows what they are doing. Let me know how you get on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have any mods? Especially a dump valve? If you ahve a dump valve that could be the reason, otherwise all the points mentioned above should cover it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mark

The A/C system itself is not the problem , a compressor / system fault would show itself far worse at higher load ie engine revs NOT TICK OVER.

A leaking dump valve would give you this syptom , if not follow ANNAs advice and amp; get it MUT tested

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've had this problem with my E3 since I bought it (at about 10,000km). I.e when the compressor kicks in at idle the revs drop and sometimes the engine will cut out as a result. The car has always idled at a high 1,000rpm so maybee the position sensor needs adjusting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts