Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick Question, how important is it to run my 340 on 98RON Super as my local BP garage has 97RON Ultimate, and the nearest Shell is 8 miles away.

Will using 97RON for a long period be of any detriment to the engine other than a slight loss of performance, or am I worried about nothing. Thanks guys......

Ryan

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
You should be fine running on 97 RON fuel. Several other members run their evos only on BP Ultimate or Esso SUL without problems - both are 97.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this is why I was unsure about the 97Ron, although it ooks like I will have to sacrifice the Nectar points and travel for the optimax.....

·
Registered
525 Posts
all the manual says is "Your vehicle has the octane number automatic change device so that you can use unleaded petrol RON95 - in case of an emergency........you don't need to adjust the engine specially" - great grammar!!!!! :D

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
tanman said:
optimax 97 ron bp 97 ron whats the difference just one shell and one bp correct me if im wrong
Optimax is 98 RON, BP Ultimate (and all other SUL*) is 97 RON.

* Except Tesco's, who are trialing 99 RON in some places.

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
boxclever said:
all the manual says is "Your vehicle has the octane number automatic change device so that you can use unleaded petrol RON95 - in case of an emergency........you don't need to adjust the engine specially" - great grammar!!!!! :D
It will adjust downover to cope with 95RON because the knock sensor will detect knock and chop the ignition timing back. It won't continually advance the ignition beyond what is set in the ECU map.

Andy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.