Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The debate on SUL v standard unleaded goes on and on ,and I thought why not ask those concerned as to which they use?
This is not to find out the pro,s and cons,but just to see what % of which is being used .Then perhaps this can be printed in the mag .
and get a wider picture.All lancers of any demomination.
The more the better ,just say and sign.

I will start

I use SUL [97 ron]

cheers

Paul s

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Up till the last few weeks I have used 95 for 'normal' use ( last 2 years) and 97 for 'fun'days, however because of things I have read and heard from other owners I now only use 97 ( disconnected ECU to clear memory )

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any station that shows 98 ron in the UK is using dated graphics from the time when 98 ron was available. Best you will find in UK now is 97 ron.

Regardless, 97 RON |PLS| Octane every fill up.

Cem

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally I only ran my car on 95 RON.

One day decided I should use 97 RON, not quite sure what brought about my change of heart and it was before I discovered the MLR forum.

To be honest, I have never noticed the difference, except the 50p a gallon cost.

I believe the clever electronics should take care of any detonation problems caused by usng lower rated fuel.

That said, I will be shortly having the PE re-map to 95 RON.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SUL |PLS| MILLERS CVL [3 octance pionts] is where you should be @ 100 octane.
Sod the exspense !!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I use 98RON(France),but sometimes it happens that I use 95.
When I do it's when I go to Italy,you can only find 95 there,or when the 98 is out service.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Read 46 times ,10 answers,jee's doesn't any one know what they put in their cars .
WHo's the deisel weasels.
Come on its not like asking for your mothers maiden name!!

cheers

Paul s

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SUL all the time, as daved6 says - sod the expense!

p.s. daved6 - Do you still keep in touch with Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SUL for the 10k miles I've owned the car. Occasionaly octane booster as well but never noticed any difference. Have thought about 100 RON AVGAS but am a bit worried that it is leaded and might knacker the Lamda sensor (no cat fitted) and it's £1 a litre.

Adrian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've never used anything by 97RON SUL. It's not worth taking the risk.

Always carry some octane booster with me, in case I get caught out and have to put 95RON in the tank.

Andy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SUL WITH MILLERS,BUT HAVE USED 95RON WITH SEEMINGLY LITTLE PROBLEM.I THINK BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY THOUGH AS YOU CAN'T REALLY TELL WHATS GOING ON.
GARY

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sul 97 ron since i got it. apparently previous owner had been using 95 ron for a few months
so far so good

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Seems there is a possitive pattern emerging.
Thanks to those who have replied already .
If 50 of the forum reply then it will make the % figure alot more convincing.

cheers

Paul s

1 - 20 of 42 Posts