Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I`d let you know about a little fun I`ve had this morning.

I was just coming off the slip road onto the M621 in Leeds when I spotted a 911 Cabriolet, driven top down, (nice day today) by a bloke and obviously his girfriend and they seemed to be in a rush. As he spotted me it was just like a scene from a world war one fighter plane film. His head pivoted round as he caught sight of me and it was game on.

The 621 is two lanes upto Elland Road then it goes into three. I stuck close to him as we hurtled past several cars that were in the inside lane. As the road changed into three lanes he moved into the middle lane and it was **** or bust time.

Well readers what happened next?.

Yes I pulled away from him and saw 140 before calling it a day. Leaving an embarrassed driver with his impressonable girlfriend looking less than impressed.

Quite a buzz, on par with my previous life but thats another story

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Charlie

If you fancy a blast sometime I have a 6GSR and live just north of leeds. Could go Audi and Porsche baiting round Harrogate area?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the chance of a race with an Esprit V8 today. I was tempted but held back because I had my mum in the car and we had to turn off to the supermarket anyway!!! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Original Post:
Yes I pulled away from him and saw 140 before calling it a day.
How far in front of him were you at this point?

I've only had my VI TME a couple of weeks so far and so havn't done too many silly things yet but when I had my Esprit a couple of years ago I used to find that people find their own limit before they find the cars. For instance, maybe the guy in the 911 decided that at 120mph enough was enough and backed off where as you were prepared to go that much more?

I used to find that most people would call it a day at around 100mph.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I always call it a day at 100mph. It won't be long before they are locking people up for going over the ton. In addition, if you are doing it racing or in convoy, the risk of extreme punishment increases.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Top down in 911 over 100Mph, can't be very comfortable, can you blame him for backing off.

I tried it in a TVR once, you start to loose all senses at about 130Mph, from the wind battering.

Eyes watering, nose running, ears bleading, hardly a nice drive with the top down.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
watch out when racing the V8 esprit, 0-100 in 9.5 seconds, 175mph plus.... It would **** a standard GSR.
My mate used to own a V8 GT and it was one dam fast car, used to rip through 2nd and amp; 3rd before you could blink.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just scared a guy in an M3 roadster (that 2 seater thing with an M3 motor ) , he saw me behind him , went 4 it into an island , probably thought he was hard , so I overtook him on the outside sideways and then nailed it :) Backed off when I came 2 built up area but he kept a respectful distance LOL ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Evoboy, this is terrible behaviour - very socially irresponsible :D

So, how sideways were you then!?!?!?!?

Those Z3M things are fast, but absolutely shite handling!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ran into an NSX tonight. I'd always expected it to be outclassed by Evo's (especially from all the Best Motoring videos I've watched), but it was really sad. Like shooting fish in a barrel! The driver was going for it too, if his wagging tail was any indication...

|EQU|)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JacKal, don't forget to add driver skill into the equation though ;)

Personally I think I'll just wait for a wet day :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yorkie,

If you give me your E-mail address I`ll get in touch and we`ll meet up some time.

Regards.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts