Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
the 6 still looks so so good!!!!!!!! :cool: my fav!

·
Super Moderator
19,493 Posts
jameswrx said:
Having driven a few 6's and an 8 I'm suprised at that video. The evo 8 I've driven seemed a lot more capable at higher speed cornering and a lot tighter.
Your wasting your time James, all you'll get on this thread is people who havent driven a later car praising the 6 and those who have driven one saying how much better they are.

:)

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
IX's still rule the roost

The Evo IX is still the ultimate in my opinion. If that wasn't the case then the name Evolution wouldn't really mean anything. The whole idea being that they evolve and become more capable cars!

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
RichW said:
Your wasting your time James, all you'll get on this thread is people who havent driven a later car praising the 6 and those who have driven one saying how much better they are.

:)
I guess so.

As far as I'm concerned the 'evolution' of the handling is a big step forward, most noticeably at high speed. The 8 makes the 6 feel slightly wooly IMO.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
jameswrx said:
Having driven a few 6's and an 8 I'm suprised at that video. The evo 8 I've driven seemed a lot more capable at higher speed cornering and a lot tighter.
Yes, std for std - the later cars handle better than the VI's.

However, on a track there won't be that much difference - plus that VI was probably modded, and the engine will be fully loosened up, whereas I bet the IX had less than 5,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
The six will always have the look for me, but i do like how the new evo's drive. In my opinion I think thats the only thing that makes them a lil bit better?
When it comes to performance its all about how big your wallet is. And as for handling the newer shapes give you way to much help, it all just seems a bit playstation :confused:
The one i drove just gripped everything and i sort of lost the connection with the road i get with my six (prob cuz its getting on a bit lol). I always know what my six is doing and what i need to do to correct/sort it. But in the 8 i drove it just didnt seem the same (prob can sort that with a few choice mods though ;) )

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I bought a VI based on looks alone as VIII's were out of my price range at the time and the IX hadn't been released. I am now quite liking the IX and with some very nice examples appearing on the MLR i'm quite tempted to go to the dealers and arrange a test drive but i'm affraid that if i like it i'll end up wanting one :rolleyes:

·
Registered
897 Posts
think i might try and find a 7 sprint. really liking the few that ive seen here. what are the odds of finding one of these?

·
Registered
897 Posts
ohh is there now.

think you can get a single mattress in the back, I might need to sleep in it. Mrs will not be happy
:blah:
where is the beastie?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts