Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boss got stopped returning from Anfield this morning at 1.30 am doing 81 in a 50.

He has a clean licence but the officer was not interested in any bargain and went straight for the court summons

What's the best he can hope for?

·
Registered
15,205 Posts
Swisdom said:
My boss got stopped returning from Anfield this morning at 1.30 am doing 81 in a 50.

He has a clean licence but the officer was not interested in any bargain and went straight for the court summons

What's the best he can hope for?
6 points and a £150.00 fine the naughty boy ;)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and that's the best case scenario!

What about a ban?

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
A certain ban 30 mph over the legal limit .

over a ton on the motor way is a ban and thats 30 mph over the limit ..

May even go for un due care and attention /dangerous driving .

.Clean licence could help to argue the case ..Was it an emergency to be going that fast ?
If he was desperate for a sh"t and had to get home befeore he kacked his pants ,could be deemed as an emergency .

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
*waits for Aidy's comment..... :rofl:*

·
Registered
609 Posts
At 31mph over the limit he is going to be very lucky to get away without a ban.

Had it been by a Gatso the cars owner would receive a notice of intended prosecution, if he then claimed he didnt know who was driving he would be then bought to the court for 'failing to provide as to the identity of the driver' contrary to s.172(3) RTA 1988. For this offence you can only receive 3 points maximum and a disqualification is not within the powers of the magistrates unless he qualifies under the terms of the 'totting' system i.e he has 12 points now.

But like i said, at 31mph over he's likely to get a ban.....the fine will be down to his financial circumstances based upon what he enters on his statement of incomings and outgoings, and he will be liable for costs in the region of £34.

He could possibly argue special reasons but his costs will increase and it won't be a simply case. He will not be eligible for legal aid either, making his plight even more difficult.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
history is clean

circumstances? He is not an essential user for his work so I guess he is shafted!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I got done a few years ago doing 84 in a 50. Sent a grovelling letter to the court and got a £200 fine and 6 points. Perhaps I was lucky :)

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
the clean licence for quite some years would be worthits weight in gold ..

Grovelling letter sounds good to me ..
pop some aftershave on the letter ,cause if the magistrate is bent he might be a bit more leanient.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
pop some aftershave on the letter ,cause if the magistrate is bent he might be a bit more leanient. [/B][/QUOTE]

:confused: :confused: :confused:

if that's the case might as well include a picture of your boss doing a goatse for the pink stipe (might even do away with the points) :moon:

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
FYI, i got 8 weeks ban (and £400 fine :( )for a 43mph 'transgression' over the speed limit. I should imagine that any ban would be similar or less than this.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts