Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing as no one one the GTiROC has really had to do this before i figured this would be a good place to start for info and recomendations...

I need a fuel setup to cope with 700bhp

Will be using my GT3542R @ 2.2bar

Have 1000cc injectors and a 255L Walbro Intank Pump...

Was advised using the Walbro to a swirl pot then 2 x MSD external pumps from the swirl pot to the injecors...

What are your opinions on this or does anyone have a better idea..?

Thanks,

Rishi

·
Registered
989 Posts
the swirl pot and external pump is what i am getting and will be running over 500 bhp( i hope ).
i was told that if you go over 500bhp then you need this set up??

john....

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Ihave this on my car.

Biggest pump you can fit in the tank to lift the fuel to the swirl pot then after the swirl pot put a Bosch 044,10 bar pump then -6or-8 lines to the fuel rail,i use the standard return,but you could put -6 instead,you always put the return back to the swirl, ;) ;) and not to the tank,you then have to feeds going to the swirl pot, there will be an over flow on the swirl pot that is the feed back to the tank,always uprate the wiring to the pumps,to stop voltage drop if you need some pics i can take some for you

·
Registered
165 Posts
cheers moses I seem to be an advise line to potential high hp GTI-Rs lately and potential new GTI-R owners.Bosch 044 intank to swirl pot and then inline areomotive A1000 pump with filter to injectors for a 700hp car check ebay on prices for the aeromotive stuff.

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
robinsongtir said:
cheers moses I seem to be an advise line to potential high hp GTI-Rs lately and potential new GTI-R owners.Bosch 044 intank to swirl pot and then inline areomotive A1000 pump with filter to injectors for a 700hp car check ebay on prices for the aeromotive stuff.
lol u have been did u get the other fella :D too u need to make a website peter coz your the first one in the uk whos building a high horse powered pulsar , u have a wee fan club now :D nice one

·
Registered
77 Posts
very nice.

thanks for your time you two, going to look at a gtir on saturday, hope its worth the travel.

any thoughts on AWD Motorsport in perth, i'm down there quite alot and would be handy to leave the potential gtir their with my folks to look after and get some work done. think they have a 600bhp drag gtir??

·
Registered
165 Posts
no worries mate hope your looking at a good [email protected] seems to have a good reputation with the GTI-Rs he has worked on for Owners club members they don't have a 600hp drag GTi-R it is four hundred and something horsepower with similar torque with a small shot of NOS 40 or 50hp I think its not a road legal car either was bought in japan as a non runner and restored best times an 11.3 1/4 mile at Crail I think.

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
Re: very nice.

singletrack said:
thanks for your time you two, going to look at a gtir on saturday, hope its worth the travel.

any thoughts on AWD Motorsport in perth, i'm down there quite alot and would be handy to leave the potential gtir their with my folks to look after and get some work done. think they have a 600bhp drag gtir??
yeah as peter said its dave brown the lad who works their he owns the pulsar mate, give him a shout

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
robinsongtir said:
I know your pain mate... lol

I get emails and PM's about engine specs and turbos on a daily basis... lol

Just never thought about mad fuel setups and which pumps to use...

Will have a lookie into the Aeromotive pump...

Rishi

·
Registered
165 Posts
I am going with some custom oversized valves if I can get them made to fit.There has been two examples that I know oft that have been running a similar fuelling setup that I am going for with bosch 044 external pumps one is running high boost on a Greddy 25G setup and the other a HKS 3037s setup both on the std valves with ported heads.The SR20DET heads need lots of porting on the exhaust side of the head to make it flow a lot better the way it is as std is quite restrictive.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
How are you going to get the gearbox to handle that power?

There are a couple Pulsars out here running 10 seconds and some running 11 seconds and they break gearboxs on a regular basis. The casing shatters and all the guts dump out on the ground :eek: . A mechanic out here is apparently working on building new casings that can take the stresses involved because it seems to be the BIG weak link in building a fast Pulsar.

·
Registered
165 Posts
that is the big weak link with highpowered cars hoepfully with having the 1st and 2nd dog geras should stop lateral movement of the final drive and main shafts being pushed out of the side of casing becuase there will be no pre load on them.

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
tommi mak used to load the gtir box's up so much that he used to blow the box apart on the start line's . also i think you guys need to take a serious look @ valve train durations and lift . as for many gera box failures i always ran a gear box cooler system and never suffered a failure after that . we did actually look @ using the evo box instead .

oh the good old days .

·
Registered
165 Posts
Dave,

Any chance of making up some kind of gearbox cooler kit for the GTI-R sure there will be plenty of intrest in it for sure.There has been a lot of talk on the GTI-R owners club about possibly using an EVO box somewho but no one has the technical skills to do it I don't think it would be a good option as well.As for the valve train and duration and lift I am gonna be using 280 duration 12.5mm lift on my stroker with oversized valves with a big turbonetics turbo.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.