Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking through an old Autocar in which they have a test of both the 7 extreme and a 996 GT2 vs. Tuscan S.

Interseting reading the acceleration times: taking 50-70mph for example which is pretty good measure of real world midrange performance, the 340bhp EVO is actually quicker than the GT2 by a few tenths in 2nd and 3rd and even more quicker than the Tuscans times. Some of it may be to do with gearing as the GT2 and Tuscan S will go on to approach 200mph but its an interseting observation... especially as teh GT2 is one serious monster of a car with I think 450bhp.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I can confirm the performance against a Tuscan S, or at least the one that my M8 owned until last week. I think he sold it because I was quicker :D

Ok, lets tell the whole truth. He could get it off the line far quicker than I could. However, once driving allong normally, so long as I was in the optimum gear, he could not stay with me. If I was in the wrong gear, he got a head start that I could not get back. We never played at real high speed so I cannot comment on what happens there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think in most situations I would favour the GT2, but the 7 Extreme on back roads (as the GT2 has tricky traction).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think you should test the GT2 for your site Jackal ;)

Who let Simon be a Moderator! That's criminal! With his totally bias, rude and slanderous behaviour its down right disgraceful! They let anyone be a Moderator nowadays........hang on......perhaps I was thinking of someone else? :D Total slander, now where is the delete key (Simon) Whoops missed out allegedly ;) (Colin)
Welcome aboard Simon, just a quick test, ####### ...........yep you know your job ;)

Sorry to go off topic a bit ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They have to be of sound body and mind and slip me £50.......OK just the last bit ;)
Volunteering then Tony?
Email Darin if you are interested and send me the money :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts