Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When fitting 7/8/9 struts to a 6 I know I'll need the shim kit and drill the hub, but I have a few questions.

Will the top mounts from my 6 fit onto the 7/8/9 struts (I have almost brand new Ralliart top mounts, so would prefer to use them)

Also I have read a few threads where people say it'll sit slightly higher at the front. I'll be fitting the Tein springs currently fitted to my 6, so will that mean it'll sit the same height as now?

Other than the shim kit (with new bolts) will I need anything else?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
not sure about the top mounts. Evo's 4 to 9 all appear to sit high at the front, but if you look at the sill they sit level. The billies off a 9 on my 5 lowered the car all round a little, sill sat level to ground, and front looked high. Assuming the Teins drop the front more than the rear, then yes, it will look less high at the front, but I wouldnt have got away with going any lower than the standard springs on the rear. But I need suspension travel on the bumpy backroads my way. Besides the front hub adaption, nothing else is needed, but you may need to find a way to hold the brake and abs lines on the front

Stu

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you - so 7/8/9 shocks should sit the same as it does now, assuming it's the same springs fitted? (the Teins currently fitted to the 6)

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
Thank you - so 7/8/9 shocks should sit the same as it does now, assuming it's the same springs fitted? (the Teins currently fitted to the 6)
not 100% sure on that, as the spring seats maybe different heights. Maybe worth asking the specific question about teins on billies on a 6 on here, guess its been done by others

Stu

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
You get the brackets that bolt onto the strut, can't remember if I got them from Ross Sport or GB Enterprises.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To update the thread.....

Ordered the adaptor kit from GBE and fitted perfectly.
Used the Tein springs and the top mounts from the VI shocks and sits exactly as it did before.

The knocking noise is finally cured.

Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
635 Posts
To update the thread.....

Ordered the adaptor kit from GBE and fitted perfectly.
Used the Tein springs and the top mounts from the VI shocks and sits exactly as it did before.

The knocking noise is finally cured.

Thanks for the advice
Have you got any pictures of how it sits now
I'm thinking about doing the same setup on my 6

1 - 13 of 13 Posts