Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Has anyone got a gearbox number for a 6RS gearbox as i need to check before i buy and i cant find it.

My 6RS came with a standard GSR box when i bought it and that now needs replacing.

Any help would be good(y)

·
acting daft since 1969
19,594 Posts
instead of an X in the number it will have a Z ,thats all youll really know by ,but as said its a 20 year old box it could have anything inside the out sides exactly the same

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Hello!

W5M512X6A7
XT6716

it's the numbers on my gearbox
I'm sure it's a short ratio one (have drove it before change for GSR one)
came with my TME RS from Japan, but car was an ex rallycar or rally school car, so can't affirm it's the original part for the car and/or the original parts in the gearbox.

good luck

Bastien

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello!

W5M512X6A7
XT6716

it's the numbers on my gearbox
I'm sure it's a short ratio one (have drove it before change for GSR one)
came with my TME RS from Japan, but car was an ex rallycar or rally school car, so can't affirm it's the original part for the car and/or the original parts in the gearbox.

good luck

Bastien
Hi Bastien

Thank you for the reply and the number i have isnt the same as yours as the one ive got is W5M511X7A UU8173.

Thats the number the guy selling the 6rs box sent a picture of.

I might just get the one ive already got {GSR) rebuilt and be done but i would have liked an original RS box to go with the car.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
W5M51 1 X7A => came from an EVO 4 .

check here :

to see if it's short (or not) ratio

(sorry, no time this morning)

best regards
Bastien
Hi Bastien

Thank you very much for your reply and sorry ive been on nights so had no time to check my messages.

I let the guy selling the box know and i havent heard back so i gather he tried to pull a fast one.

Have save the docs you kindly posted and again many many thanks for your time.

All the best

Garry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts