Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been looking around on ebay, and have seen a 6 speed gearbox for the EVO VIII. (£1,000 if interested by the way item number and details are EVO 8 VIII MR FQ320 - ALL PARTS FOR SALE 2005 BREAKIN Item number: 140073139311)

That got me thinking as I only have a 260 with a 5 speed box, would it be worth putting a 6 speed box in?
I would assume it would take a number of years to make back the money on fuel, LOL. But why did they only put the 5 speed box in the 260? was this a money orientated option?

Any thoughts on this subject.

I know the easy option is to buy an FQ.

Thanks

Ian

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
£1000 is over the top, getting them for 650 , there was a chap up my way selling two 6 speed evo 9 gear boxes for 550
he was removing them as they are going to be rally cars :)

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
No need to replace, doesn't make any noticable difference to fuel consumption in the real world and the 5 speed box is slightly nicer to use, both are very good tho.

Martin

·
Registered
19,543 Posts
There's a couple of IX GT's that have had the 6 speed box installed.
No reason why the 260 cannot have it done, as long as you have all the cables and mounts.

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
£1k for an evo box is a rip off. Just because they're high performance cars, doesn't mean companies have to rip joe public off :mad:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys.

£1'000 did seem expensive to me, I would prob go for a new one if I do it. Good to knowthat a six speed will fit anyy. But to be honest I would rather spend money in other areas.

Iain

1 - 15 of 15 Posts