Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone give me a quick answer as to whether 5mm spacers need longer studs? I'm pretty sure they don't need the longer studs would just like conformation.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
The easy option Is 10mm longer studs , this way you can fit with out removing hubs , you only need to remove calipers , discs and one of the rear shoes per side . You can still use standard nuts too with out spacers , the perfect solution . I guess fitting is a couple of hours .

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
I have gone into longer studs and you can't just say you can run 5mm spacer or what ever with standard studs , it depends more on the type of nut you are using , if your on standard nuts then you have more leeway than with 60 degee taper nut on an aftermarket wheel ! I would never use spacers on standard studs and 60 degree taper nuts with out going with longer studs !!!

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Thread bump. I want to fit 7.5mm slip-on spacers on aftermarket wheels. Seems like 5mm is fine, but is 7.5mm still ok? :eek:

·
Profound thinker
6,383 Posts
Thread bump. I want to fit 7.5mm slip-on spacers on aftermarket wheels. Seems like 5mm is fine, but is 7.5mm still ok? :eek:
As Mr Ralliart says - it really does depend on wheels and nuts.

When using an average aftermarket wheel with 60deg taper seats, I would definitely not go above 4mm spacer.

I also wouldn't go above 4mm without going hub-centric with spacers because that's the point above which you might have hub centring issues (depending on wheels and hub rings being used).

I've gone for a set of longer studs and using 6mm hub-centric spacers (from ebay) for my aftermarket 73.1mm centre bore wheels with 60deg nuts.

Reactions: madmatt
1 - 12 of 12 Posts