Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
read this on a US site...looks....mmm.....dangerous :eek:

can this be right (or am I reading it wrong). 522bhp ATW, does that not mean nearly 650bhp atf (assuming 24%)

'Hey everyone,
We just made 522 ALL WHEEL HORSEPOWER and 424 all wheel torque. We just installed the new turbo adapter kit, the turbo is a gt35r with a t04e cover, thats 3" inlet and 2" outlet. There is a 4" inlet available witha to4s cover, we will try that next week. We used the STOCK MANIFOLD, and the STOCK INTAKE MANIFOLD. We have a magnus and will put that on next week also. The chart is SAE corrected and smoothing 5 is on. The car has an aem, the fuel was 50% 93 and 50% 116. The boost hit 32 and fell to 30 psi. Check out the graph below. There is hope for all you budget minded people who want to make 500 to the ground. THis was on the evo 8.
dan'

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I would assume it is right, but be aware that Dynojets read higer than the dynos normally used in the U.K. The true flywheel power is probably lcoser to the 522 figure than the estimated 65 you have come up with.

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
guys i speak with the guys @ pruven in the us quite oftern . they use 18% as the figure that they see on a dynojet vs dyno dynamics rollers so there 522whp just became 430 ATW , very believeable i would say gaz .

:D :D

·
Premium Member
2,570 Posts
evo400 said:
guys i speak with the guys @ pruven in the us quite oftern . they use 18% as the figure that they see on a dynojet vs dyno dynamics rollers so there 522whp just became 430 ATW , very believeable i would say gaz .

:D :D
430 ATW on stock internals???? Im glad it isnt mine ;)

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
can I just ask a stupid question (at least it will be to someone that knows)?

When taking the usual 24% loss for transmission. Do you have to work back from the atf figure to match the actual atw figure, or do you add 24% of the atw figure to get the atf figure. I know mathematically the first seems the obvious one, but it depends who decided on the 24% in the first place, and what they interpreted it to be.

i.e for say 500bhp atw on dyno, do you

a) subtract 24% of 658bhp (est atf) from 658bhp to get 500bhp (atw)...or

b) add 24% of 500bhp to 500bhp to get 620bhp.

mmmm :confused:

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
just funny [email protected] there graphs . look @ phil our boots

415 hp ATW and 345 ftlb

just add 18 % to thoses figures and what are you getting ???? very similair figures don't you think . also wouldn't it be good to actually test a stock engine on a engine dyno till it blows ?? start with a 3037s and work up to a gt40 . see what can actually be attained and not guess the out come because as we know just because people say 1 thing dosen't mean it carn't be done .

dave

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Kyl3cook said:
can I just ask a stupid question (at least it will be to someone that knows)?

When taking the usual 24% loss for transmission. Do you have to work back from the atf figure to match the actual atw figure, or do you add 24% of the atw figure to get the atf figure. I know mathematically the first seems the obvious one, but it depends who decided on the 24% in the first place, and what they interpreted it to be.

i.e for say 500bhp atw on dyno, do you

a) subtract 24% of 658bhp (est atf) from 658bhp to get 500bhp (atw)...or

b) add 24% of 500bhp to 500bhp to get 620bhp.

mmmm :confused:
A.

Easy way is to take ATW figures and divide by 0.76 (for 24%) to get the estimated ATF figures.

It is a 24% loss from the ATF to the ATW figure (through the drivetrain) so you cannot add 24% to the ATW figure, it does not work :)

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Weebl said:
A.

Easy way is to take ATW figures and divide by 0.76 (for 24%) to get the estimated ATF figures.

It is a 24% loss from the ATF to the ATW figure (through the drivetrain) so you cannot add 24% to the ATW figure, it does not work :)
Cheers mate....thought it was a) I just wasn't 100%...but I'm in the 'try and forget my eductaion' stage...who would have thought I did a maths based degree :crackup:

·
Premium Member
2,570 Posts
evo400 said:
just funny [email protected] there graphs . look @ phil our boots

415 hp ATW and 345 ftlb

just add 18 % to thoses figures and what are you getting ???? very similair figures don't you think . also wouldn't it be good to actually test a stock engine on a engine dyno till it blows ?? start with a 3037s and work up to a gt40 . see what can actually be attained and not guess the out come because as we know just because people say 1 thing dosen't mean it carn't be done .

dave
Where was phils atw figure achieved as i personally have had from 369 ATW to 424 ATW with only 0.2 bar boost difference and an intercooler.You really need Phil to run at G-Force like the rest of us to use his figures dave ;)

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
af1 jsut looking for graphs i have that are similair in spec . ok phil has a stroker but the US car is running race gas . i believe what they are showing , the fact is we have no dynojets here to quantify what they are saying to us . looking 2 the graph also i would say it was 5th gear run too as the plot makes good hp early on sugesting high exhaust gas output .

·
Premium Member
2,570 Posts
the point i was making was that i have on sul had a 55 ATW hp difference with minimal change to engine.The graph really cant be compared to our G-Force graphs for us to say how well it works.The americans just seem to pluck any figure they want out of the air.

Each set of rollers differs hugeluy depending on there design.Each rollers my car has been on have all had similar ATF figures but huge descrepancies in the ATW figures

Im remaping mine for RFT next week so it will interesting to see what difference it makes on the same rollers( if my transfer box ever shows) ;)

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
air force the dyno jet dyno is fixed system eg cannot be calibrated as it is a drum dyno . pruven peformance run cars on both the dyno jet and the dyno dynamics rollers so they have found the corilation between the both of them . as we know dyno dynamics dyno's are within 1hp world over . and the dyno jets the same because they cannot be calibrated .

dave

1 - 20 of 48 Posts