Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a possible swap in vehicle, at a well respected importer there is not a massive difference in the price between the above,what would you go for?The reasons behind your choice?thanks.

·
Keep er lit!
4,203 Posts
7 rs for me, used to own one, lovely cars. but i would be happy with any of them:smthumbup

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
7 would be better because it's a more modern design to the 5/6? How much lighter gav?

·
Keep er lit!
4,203 Posts
which ever of the 3 you buy it will be a fair step up from a 4, wider track, better brakes, more reliable engine and better looking imo. changed from a 4gsr into a 5gsr a few year back and the 5 was defo the better car.
then changed into a 7gsr, actually felt slower than the 5 but its just the way it delivers the power and the cabins nicer, quieter with better seats (hugging). changed to 7rs sprint after that and it felt sharper again.
i still have a real soft spot for the 5rs and if it were going to be a track/sprint car thats what i would buy but if it were more for everyday and road use it would be the 7rs. hope this helps:)

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
For what you would get for yours Ryan I would keep it, spend the difference on that . And if weights a prob strip it , be lighter than all then ;)

After all you have brembo's ,no diff there
You have Autronics etc

All my opinion of course before the usual start crying :rolleyes::crackup::crackup::smthumbup

·
Keep er lit!
4,203 Posts
For what you would get for yours Ryan I would keep it, spend the difference on that . And if weights a prob strip it , be lighter than all then ;)

You have Autronics etc

All my opinion of course before the usual start crying :rolleyes::crackup::crackup::smthumbup
yes he could do that and more but it will never be a 5,6 or 7rs:smthumbup

·
Premium Member
12,346 Posts
I would forge yours up ryan and stick with her! However if you are going to sell i think its defo got to be a 5/6 rs ;)

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
not selling mine to finance the change so will have both.Thanks for the positive comments.

·
Premium Member
12,346 Posts
aint you lucky :eek: thats great news then go for a 7rs so you got the best of both worlds :mhihi:

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Driving the 4 today,it's more than enough on the road.
Have you got yours sorted yet mate?

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Not yet Ryan , although it will never be a 5/6/7 :rolleyes::crackup::smthumbup only joking all , each to there own and all that :)

·
Keep er lit!
4,203 Posts
Not yet Ryan , although it will never be a 5/6/7 :rolleyes::crackup::smthumbup only joking all , each to there own and all that :)
i was actually meaning more the RS bit adam, i wasnt downing the 4:)

·
Registered
8,458 Posts

You have Autronics etc

i tottally agree with adam :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts