Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The cam angle sensor on an EVO I plugs into the Cold cam (intake) . I have alligned this to its marks, but you can rotate the whole unit. Does this need to be set up or will the ecu learn the new rotation.

In the know people only please as this could have disasterous effects!!! :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR INSTALLATION

(1) Turn the crankshaft so that the No.1 cylinder is at the top dead centre.

(2) Align the punch mark on the crankshaft position sensor housing with the notch in the plate.

(3) Install the crankshaft position sensor on the cylinder head.

Hope the above is of some help, any problems let me know and I will try and help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't remember exactly, but should be a connecter in the wiring loom on the bulkhead,will have a small male single pin in it.
Connect a wire to it and short to earth, this will hold the timming to 5 degrees btdc.
Then just simply use a timming light and set the cam angle sensor.
This may be all wrong but i seem to remember doing this b4 ?
If you need to know for shure i can check it out properley.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So what you are trying to say is I do need to get it set up again. I have installed the sensor correctly, but as you know you can rotate it. Cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On my old VR4 the ignition timing still had to be set using a timing light - short the connector on the bulkhead (read the workshop manual) and turn the camshaft sensor until the timing was correct.

Did the evo 1-3 add a crank sensor at the crank or is it still or done from the combined sensor on the cam?

It is very important to have the correct base timing - incorrect setting can prevent the ecu being able to retard the ignition far enough to prevent knock/detonation.

The ecu will self correct a little for ignition timing by trimming the timng values relative to the knock sensor activity - but the base setting must still be correct.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts