Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my ignition timing adjusted on my Motec today, With a little more fiddling around we were able to get 30 more hp to the wheels. Now its at 463HP to the wheels at the same boost limit of 1.4 bar. Torque is up to 351 lbs/in. I was how much horsepower that would approximately be at the flywheel. Anyone here knows how to convert lbs/in to NM?

I am still at 2 litre displacement. Although I have the Jun stroker kit with me already, I wanted to test how much HP I can squeeze out of this engine configuration before I use them. I wonder how much HP and low end torque I can get from the kit. Anyone care to speculate? :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
AWD,

When I took my E6 GSR to the rolling road last week the difference between flywheel and wheels was about 86BHP at 7180rpm.

You quoted 351lbs/in, I think you mean lbs/ft

To get NM multiply lbs/ft by 1.356 approx

When you fit the JUN kit tell us the results!

I just looked at the Autoplus site and I would like to know the inside diameter of the Kg/mm Formula21 springs, and can you get them in different lengths and spring rates?

Thanks

Clive

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi there 464 at the wheels well over 500, how to you get this power with only 1.4 bar boost????, what are the mods?? this all seems to much.

Darren

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Daz, Looking at what has been done to his car, he has got higher compression pistons and cams, which will push his power figure up with the right fuelling and timing. Notice, however, that his torque figure is not very high in relation to the power. He has simply gone a different route. I suspect his peak power is high up the rev range too. Would be interesting to see a power graph for this car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AWD,

just out of curiosity, is your Evo a GSR or RS spec. also, have you done anymore 1/4 mile runs? if so, could u possibly post the times and speeds.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was that really at 1.4 bar.
What type of fuel were you using?
What engine speed is this max. power figure?

By my estimates you need 9500rpm at 1.4 bar for 510hp at the flywheel. Not impossible - but that's a drag motor! At the end of the day this is only 2 litres of displacment.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup, rev limit is set at 8500rpm I figure if I used my JUN stroker kit, I have to bring it down to 7500 because of the lousy rod ratio. Last try at the tracks, I was able to run consistent low 11's with a best time of 11.23 at 125mph. I was slow shifting all the way, because I cannot power shift at 8000-8500 rpm. The shifter just wont go in. Bummer :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh and my EVO is RS version. But I installed the power windows, recaros and rear glass with wiper from a GSR.

I am running Aviation Gas for races, I think its 100 octane.

I would like to show my power graph. How may I post on this board?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To post an image, place the scan somewhere that is publically available i.e. not your hard disk, and link to it like this:

{img|EQU|http://www.yourprovider.com/yourwebspace/powergraph.jpg} but use [] instead of {}

If you can't/don't know how to do this, send the scan to me and I'll do it for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts