Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've been lurking on this forum for a couple of years and recently beem thinking about looking for a 5/6 that needs an engine or some tlc to turn into a track car. My quick question is to ask if there's anyone in Hampshire who'd be willing to take me for a spin in a 450-500hp car as I've only ever driven standard (ish) evos and im keen to know if spending all of that monies going to be a disappointment after riding bikes for years!

Just to clarify im obviously only looking for a passenger ride not a drive!

Any feedback welcome, but not about wanting a powerful car. Ive had lots of low powered but fine handling track cars, im now wanting to enjoy the challemge of building and Driving something quick.

Cheers, Dan.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Hi all, I've been lurking on this forum for a couple of years and recently beem thinking about looking for a 5/6 that needs an engine or some tlc to turn into a track car. My quick question is to ask if there's anyone in Hampshire who'd be willing to take me for a spin in a 450-500hp car as I've only ever driven standard (ish) evos and im keen to know if spending all of that monies going to be a disappointment after riding bikes for years!

Just to clarify im obviously only looking for a passenger ride not a drive!

Any feedback welcome, but not about wanting a powerful car. Ive had lots of low powered but fine handling track cars, im now wanting to enjoy the challemge of building and Driving something quick.

Cheers, Dan.
Where in Hampshire are you?

My parents live in hampshire, so I'm down that way sometimes.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
You going to take him for a spin?
I guess he'd have to pay for the oil though.
:)
Haha.
If the somewhat rare circumstances of me being in hampshire, with a working car, enough spare oil in the boot all occur, then maybe I could! ;)

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
hi dan, well worth doing if youve got deep pockets ,ive gone through the stages of tune,, now run 550bhp on 1.6bar, its mental to be honest but fun :D
and i also ride big bikes and there quick but its funny playing with 750 1000cc bikes in a good powered evo :mhihi: very amusing

but to be honest a good solid 400/400 would be awesome for track
im in basingstoke/ farnborough if your ever around this way :smthumbup:smthumbup:smthumbup

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have both cars and bikes, recently sold my 06 R1 and have had had most of the 1000cc sports bikes over the years so very used to quick stuff.

Let me tell you, a lightly modded evo running 400bhp will be more than enough for your needs, and give you the grin factor your after. 400 bhp is (generally speaking) very easy to achieve and the evos will happily support this power and be reliable. If you have £££££££ to spend or your racing then fine go nuts these cars will see incredible power.

Be realistic, and buy an evo first before you start thinking you must have 450+ bhp.

I'm from Southampton, so unfortunately not able to allow someone from Portsmouth in my car. Haha.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Where abouts in Portsmouth are you? I'm also in Portsmouth, not 400+bhp (more like 350 for now) so maybe of no help to you but always interested to meet fellow MLR members.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts