1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I were to perform the following modifications:-

Uprated fuel pump
Run 1.5 bar with the standard RS titanium turbo
HKS 272 inlet and 264 outlet cams dialled in correctly with vernier cam wheels
Ported head to flow at least 230cfm/inlet valve (400bhp flow)
Uprated rods and rod bolts
Ceramic coated piston and combustion chambers
Correctly mapped ECU (PE remap, autronic, GEMS, etc)

What power and torque at the wheels could I expect? Am I missing something that would allow me to achieve 400bhp at the fly?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Aussie,
Are you sure that the standard RS turbo will produce enough airflow at 1.5 bar for 400 bhp?
And what figures did you use to calculate that you need 230 cfm to get 400 bhp?

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
seeing as spring is in the air,i nominate Evoboy to answer this one .
i would ask why you would want to port the head on a turbocharged engine ???????????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aussie,

Don't 4get yr fueling , u need bigger injectors and fuel pump. I presume u already have a performance exhaust and filter/airbox ?

Custy
Why do u think a turbo motor head does not benefit from gas flowing ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good gas flowing will help spool up as well as reverse flow pulse of the head . exhaust work is all ways worth wihile on turbo heads .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hhhhmmmm,i am intrigued,
tell me,would you suggest matching the inlet manifold,or miss-matching it ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
400 is definitely possible cos I have a friend in Australia who had his dynoed with that set-up at around 410bhp. He had it tuned with Autronics and I think that if you want that kind of output too, you have to go with something like Motec, GEMS or Autronics ... no 2 ways about it. You might want to upgrade the fuel pressure regulator as well. Standard injectors and turbo should be able to handle up to 1.9bar of boost.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Standard injectors and turbo should be able to handle up to 1.9bar of boost.

That's a pretty big 'should'.

At what maximum rpm are the standard injectors still OK for 1.9bar????
Definitely not 5500|PLS|

I'm with Andy_RSX on the turbo front - anything over 375hp is stretching the limits of the standard turbos. If power is really that important then fit a bigger turbo.

The standard turbo is great for tuning a big fat flat torque curve - perfect for WRC cars.
They only have 300hp but controlling the boost curve for maximum torque right across the rev range gives their awesome acceleration.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts