Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
15,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how would the 400 cope against such a nice sort after car like the gt3...

i here many people talking about the gt3 and what a great car it is ...

so i was wondering how the 400 would cope with one head to head :confused:

jason :)

·
Registered
946 Posts
Against a 911 GT3....I would imagine the FQ400 would fare rather better both in straight line acceleration and around a track.

The 911 GT3 around the top gear track posted a 1.27.2. The FQ320 (if I remember correctly) posted around 1.26 (with the old FQ300 1.28.9).

The FQ400 should be much closer to the 911 GT3 RS time (1.22.3) if performed on a dry track. Unfortunately, I think the FQ400 lap was on a moist track....and was around 1.24 (again from memory). I think it could match the GT3 RS time on the dry personally (if not beat it).

·
Registered
747 Posts
Think performance would be similar..

0-60 Evo slightly quicker
0-100 about same
above 100 GT3 slightly quicker

Similar lap time on track..

GT3 would just look and sound better..

and GT3 is a race derived Porsche and not a 4 door Jap box.. :crackup:

·
Registered
946 Posts
mrfq340 said:
Think performance would be similar..

0-60 Evo slightly quicker
0-100 about same
above 100 GT3 slightly quicker

Similar lap time on track..

GT3 would just look and sound better..

and GT3 is a race derived Porsche and not a 4 door Jap box.. :crackup:
Mrfq340...I know you're getting a GT3 and everything :rolleyes: ...but the 911 GT3 I feel would struggle to keep up with an FQ400 below 100...above 100 in a straight line or on a track. The GT3 RS is a much more comparable car...FQ400 vs GT3 RS would be close.

Just being impartial...I agree with the looks comment though. :D

·
Registered
15,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
alex_123_fra said:
Mrfq340...I know you're getting a GT3 and everything :rolleyes: ...but the 911 GT3 I feel would struggle to keep up with an FQ400 below 100...above 100 in a straight line or on a track. The GT3 RS is a much more comparable car...FQ400 vs GT3 RS would be close.

yer so there :p

·
Registered
747 Posts
alex_123_fra said:
Mrfq340...I know you're getting a GT3 and everything :rolleyes: ...but the 911 GT3 I feel would struggle to keep up with an FQ400 below 100...above 100 in a straight line or on a track. The GT3 RS is a much more comparable car...and even then it would be close.

my 340 with current setup, especially suspension would be quicker than a GT3 at most tracks..

·
Registered
946 Posts
mrfq340 said:
my 340 with current setup, especially suspension would be quicker than a GT3 at most tracks..
And a standard FQ400 would trounce a standard GT3 equally

·
Registered
747 Posts
I think the Evo is the dogs B*llocks, with respect to Jason, I would say my car would lap as quickly as his standard 400.. the Cusco suspension would be worth the extra power easily..

This Evo is the quickest point to point and track car I've owned, no question.. and I've had everything from 911s to TVRs to M3s to a 355..

For me to sell it, I would have to pay 3 times to get a GT3, but the GT3 is the ultimate drivers car, bar none.

Am gonna enjoy the Evo for some time yet maybe 6 months and if money is right will change later in year, might only have one chance to get the GT3 so will take it. :D

·
Registered
946 Posts
mrfq340 said:
I think the Evo is the dogs B*llocks, with respect to Jason, I would say my car would lap as quickly as his standard 400.. the Cusco suspension would be worth the extra power easily..

This Evo is the quickest point to point and track car I've owned, no question.. and I've had everything from 911s to TVRs to M3s to a 355..

For me to sell it, I would have to pay 3 times to get a GT3, but the GT3 is the ultimate drivers car, bar none.

Am gonna enjoy the Evo for some time yet maybe 6 months and if money is right will change later in year, might only have one chance to get the GT3 so will take it. :D
Sounds like a challenge to me :D ...Jason?? I would take this one up if I were you. You could make a few bob if you're as good a driver as you say (especially if your FQ400 was dynoed at 443 horses).

·
Premium Member
4,874 Posts
GT3
the GT3 would do lap after lap continuisly all day without any problems :cool:
You could drive it home, give it a sponge down and go out to your local wine bar and pull some honeys :D

FQ400
By lunch time the 400 would be on trailer with rear diff faliure, a burnt clutch and [email protected] gearbox.....

and come Monday morning you'll be told to **** off by your Mitsi dealer :cry:

:crackup:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.