Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know its possible to get these figures, but what actually do i need to do get there? do i need to modify the internals? i know it probably needs cams & a bigger turbo, what cams & turbo should i go for? at the moment the car has a hks induction kit, a 255 walbro & a super dragger system, & has been remapped before i bought it, suposed to be 330, but i'm not so sure. the down pipe is quite large, a lot larger than the actual system, the d cat pipe & the system are nowhere near 3 inch, what would be a good system to go for? also would a tubular manifold benifit things? if so would i need a different downpipe? also who do i go to to get the work done? i have spoken to richard at tractive a while ago, seems a really nice helpfull fella..
Any ideas or thoughts would be most helpfull.

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
See above right on your screen there is a wee button called "Forum" pull it down, and you will see another wee button called "Search"......

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
We did 402 on a 260

APS 3" Exhaust (standard manifold)
GSC S1 cams
MR 10.5T Turbo (standard actuator)
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Gizzmo IBC Boost controller

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
yep straight forward numbers but the second 400 takes a wee bit more than that

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
that gave a DD torque figure of 379. A "genuine and true" 400 ftlb torque is very hard to achieve on a stage 1.
Yeah Dont I know it - 430/400 is much easier:mhihi:

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
oooh thats all very top secret!!

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
yee of little faith, :lol: you wont make me tell you

·
Registered
693 Posts
You can't get more than about 350bhp with the 260 cams.
So new cams and a 10.5 t turbo are a must. An evo9 80 series is up to the job. I got 385bhp/395 lbft with warlboro, cams, 80 series, avcr and full 3" exhaust (turbo back). Not sure what stopped it reaching 400/400. The engine internals have been fine though. 30k on it so far. Car has done 58k.

Cheers, Dan.

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
See above right on your screen there is a wee button called "Forum" pull it down, and you will see another wee button called "Search"......
****in quality Ewan!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

yep straight forward numbers but the second 400 takes a wee bit more than that
Sure does !!!!!
it is also the second one that is gonna start to cause you probs if you go much higher too!:lol::lol:

·
Tarmac Tyre Shredder
14,527 Posts
400/400 on a 260....bloody ell,im on 390/380 on an 8mr engine and turbo (1.7-1.8 bar) and im at the stage where rods is next,even tho the MR rods are a bit stronger.

Is this still classed as stage 1...???

Full exhaust with decat and big downpipe
Air filter
Fuel pump
ngk9 plugs
750cc injectors
ecutek remap
Greddy spec m intercooler with hardpipes
Perrin 3 port boost solenoid
Forge recirc dump valve.

·
Registered
705 Posts
You can't get more than about 350bhp with the 260 cams.
So new cams and a 10.5 t turbo are a must. An evo9 80 series is up to the job. I got 385bhp/395 lbft with warlboro, cams, 80 series, avcr and full 3" exhaust (turbo back). Not sure what stopped it reaching 400/400. The engine internals have been fine though. 30k on it so far. Car has done 58k.

Cheers, Dan.
youll get 365 to 370 no problem on 260 cams were 355 at 1.5 bar and evilutionxxx is at 365 with standard cams :smthumbup

·
Registered
705 Posts
400/400 on a 260....bloody ell,im on 390/380 on an 8mr engine and turbo (1.7-1.8 bar) and im at the stage where rods is next,even tho the MR rods are a bit stronger.

Is this still classed as stage 1...???

Full exhaust with decat and big downpipe
Air filter
Fuel pump
ngk9 plugs
750cc injectors
ecutek remap
Greddy spec m intercooler with hardpipes
Perrin 3 port boost solenoid
Forge recirc dump valve.
Not much difference between mr and 260 internals m8 :smthumbup

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
cams are the major issue- need a nice lift ratio and good overlap to hit the torque figures - oh and a few other minor bits :lol:

·
Registered
693 Posts
@ mad ed r1
So you agree that 400/400 is not achievable with 260 cams.
I made 364/340 before the cams and 80 series.
Dan.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts