Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lookin at a big bad 4x4 for both work and personal use, lookin at either a shogun/L200 too keep it in the family ;) or a toyota hi-lux, any one got one of these ? if so how do you rate them?

just had the my van writen off so thought might go fo a change and add a bit of luxuary to my life :gay:

cheers

chris

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
blade77 said:
ok i'll give you a remark - had a shogun short wheel base 'warrior' (brand new) with leather as a courtesy car with the most uselass tiptronic gearbox, and i felt quire - boys bottoms the lot! They are a waste of time and unless you want Elton John doing a rendition of Van Morrisons Brown Eye Girl 'up your back side stay well away! :blah:

·
Premium Member
11,249 Posts
I'm not sure what Ollie was expecting from the Shogun, but I think ours makes a great 4x4. I think the Tiptronic box works very well as a full auto. Semi auto seems pointless in a vehicle like this unless you're towing heavy loads and want to select a specific gear. It's a diesel version and pulls very well and makes a very good towing vehicle. It's very comfortable on long trips too.

It's not the most refined 4x4 on the market, but is good value for a 4x4 of this size. Build quality is about the best I've seen in any Mitsubishi. Certainly better than any Evo.

I looked at an L200, but found them cramped, slow and just too industrial.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
My mate has one of those L200 Warriors in black, very thirsty, 100mph tops, loads of room, handles awful though, it has leaf springs at the rear. better than a van though, I'd have one :D

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
DaveG said:
I'm not sure what Ollie was expecting from the Shogun, but I think ours makes a great 4x4. I think the Tiptronic box works very well as a full auto. Semi auto seems pointless in a vehicle like this unless you're towing heavy loads and want to select a specific gear. It's a diesel version and pulls very well and makes a very good towing vehicle. It's very comfortable on long trips too.

It's not the most refined 4x4 on the market, but is good value for a 4x4 of this size. Build quality is about the best I've seen in any Mitsubishi. Certainly better than any Evo.

I looked at an L200, but found them cramped, slow and just too industrial.
Are you going to go mud plugging? Farmer John style?
I doubt it .. what i would be expecting? a road car!!! There not road cars - what is the point of buying all that hard ware if you never use it - they might be safer in an accident but the steering is so awful your more likey to get yourself in one!
John...really! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
11,249 Posts
It's actually used as a tow vehicle for the Evo, lugging music equipment around the country and getting across the lanes and fields of Mid Wales, so is spot on I'd say :D.

Fair point though if you're just looking for it as a road car. It does have it virtues there though like loads of space and there's not many 4x4's that offer as much for the money. It's not to be expected to perform like a car though, although I think it drives pretty good on the open road as long as you don't forget what you're driving.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.