Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tony, a couple of questions I wanted to put to you ( or any other enthusiast!).
You suggested before about taking all the good bits out of Evo Kenivels 4( the Beast) and putting them in to a standard 6, then selling the now standard 4 for 9k,( good ones adv for £13k in top M) this still means spending another 9k to buy a 3 year old Treg 6 for 18k.( although Ive already got one) Do you feel the improvements in styling and track width on the newer designs etc are worth that much, would the money be better spent on improving the 4 with bigger arches for 18 tyres, longer wishbones, bigger brakes, roll cage, etc. The dammed things fast enough, so no upgrades needed there, ( untill you shoot past me on a track day!). Just thought about saving the money, on worn out repairs needed on a 5 year old car, as its so well sorted already, seems a shame to break it up.
Your thoughts please!
( the sledge hammer is standing by)
all the best RogerRally

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Keep it. Big brakes, rollcage, 3 harnesses, strip out any lard and spend the money saved from not buying the 6 on track days and tuition - maybe a season's hillclimbing/sprinting.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does Splodge need tuition? ;)
Keep the 4 and upgrade to better components when they break or get tired out. I am no expert but I doubt the slight difference in track between the two is worth worrying too much about, you are probably only talking minimal difference to actual lap times. I even considered chopping my E6 in for an E4 at one point and pocketing the cash difference or spending it on upgrades (not all of us are rich you know ;)).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Simons car is fast and allready sorted ,go for it as he sais 15 k worth of mods already .Like the idea if just for track day usage and have the money burning a hole in your pocket.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts