Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Trying to get hold of a 4 inch induction pipe, from induction kit to turbo.

Ideally i would like to have the same shiny hardpipe like i've got, but the bloke can't make a 4 inch.

I just need to get the car mapped with any type of 4 inch pipe, so i can always get a shiny hardpipe kit after mapping if i have to.

I haven't relocated the battery yet, so i presume the pipe is for the standard location.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Huss.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Howdy Huss,

It's fairly easy to buy a racing battery (a lot smaller than the standard one) and make a wee steel bracket or two to move it and the fuse box a few inches out of the way to let you get a pipe straight from the inner wing area to the turbo. Then it's a simple matter of getting a length of 4in aluminium ducting from B&Q and yer away!

New battery ~ £90
4in Ducting ~ £14
Making brackets ~ 30mins each
Moving battery and fuse box ~ 60mins
Installing 4in ducting ~ 30mins

So just over £100 and a couple of hours effort all in ;)

clicky

Steven

p.s If you're a polisher then this might not appeal as it's nowhere near as bling as a nice shiny hard-pipe kit. :p

·
Registered
524 Posts
Hello mate,

I'm having one custom made on Thursday from my 3037S through the Spec R air filter box, a friend has already had one done and looks awesome, I'll post up piccys Thursday night and hopefully have some contact details if you like, cheers..

Mike

·
Premium Member
9,210 Posts
evo 400 does 4" flexi pipe.i fitted this to my 7 and will bend into place where the the maf is located on a std car.will also go through the inner wing and down behind the bumper allthough you would need to move the battery.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Mike Marden said:
Hello mate,

I'm having one custom made on Thursday from my 3037S through the Spec R air filter box, a friend has already had one done and looks awesome, I'll post up piccys Thursday night and hopefully have some contact details if you like, cheers..

Mike
Mike that would be excellent as ive being looking for a 4" pipe for my 3037s too :)

Darryl

1 - 8 of 8 Posts