Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
He`s just been round in his new motor, after selling his FQ340 and Monaro to purchase the new Monaro VXR.

I think it looks very aggressive in the flesh, a vast visual improvement from the normal Monaro.

Don`t agree with getting rid of the FQ340 though.




 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,666 Posts
Looks to 90's for me, bit like an Omega.............not that looks are important in the scheme of things, ...but............. :confused: It doesn't do it for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,666 Posts
Forced induction, the equivalent of 3500cc's to 4000cc's worth of fuel vapour is rammed in instead of being sucked in ???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,349 Posts
power to weight & gearing as a 'GT cruiser'
...come to mind...

& 600bhp via a supercharger :eek:
he's going to have single figure petrol consumption ?
good thing he's always going to be parked near a petrol station (as seen in the pix)

btw
the bonnet vents etc are exactly as seen on the American 'Pontiac GTO' version of the Monaro
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
R-Jay said:
15 mpg at best :cry:

Still underpowered for a 5.7L :(
Some big errors there mate, sorry.

I got 28 mpg out of my 'old' 5.7 version on a run and this one is marginally better on fuel, they say.

It is a 6.0, not a 5.7!

It is NOT under-powered, at 67bhp per litre, for a n/aspirated pushrod V8, designed initially in the 1950s.

I like all types of cars, I have had 90 of the things now, ffs.

But this car offers many things that no EVO could ever do, something worth remembering.

I will maybe get a Lancer FQ400 some time, but for now this is my steed and I am heading for 600 effortless bhp very soon.

PS

My EVO340 did 18-19 mpg most of the time anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
xlr8 said:
& 600bhp via a supercharger :eek:
he's going to have single figure petrol consumption ?
good thing he's always going to be parked near a petrol station (as seen in the pix)
Economy during general use will actually improve. Only during blasts will the fuel disappear faster.

Each to their own though.

I love EVOs and will have one again, but no EVO will cruise at 140 mph at half revs in serene tranquility, no EVO will go a year between sevices and then cost just £300 to get the job done, no EVO will last like this engine will over big mileages and no EVO will get the job done with as little fuss as this car will.

A bit silly to compare these cars really. They are too different.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,427 Posts
Chris 340 said:
Some big errors there mate, sorry.
:sleep: see below......

Chris 340 said:
I got 28 mpg out of my 'old' 5.7 version on a run and this one is marginally better on fuel, they say.

It is a 6.0, not a 5.7!
Yes I know yours is a 6.0 but I was referring to my Monaro which is a 5.7 non-VXR !!!

Yes, you say you got 28mpg on 'a run' but that's exactly my point, that was a '1 off'. In daily driving in mine I have averaged 15mpg for 1000 miles !!!

Chris 340 said:
It is NOT under-powered, at 67bhp per litre, for a n/aspirated pushrod V8, designed initially in the 1950s.
Yes it is :)

Chris 340 said:
But this car offers many things that no EVO could ever do, something worth remembering.
That's what I thought until I had owned my Monaro for 2 months :(

I learnt my mistake the hard way :(

I thought the Monaro would be fun to drive but it was like aiming a cruise ship around corners and hoping that it didn't slide off into a ditch. Very disappointing indeed.

I had my Evo 7 for 2 years, Monaro for 2 months and now going back to an Evo 8.

PS - Are you VXR SIX from PH Monaro forum?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,427 Posts
Chris 340 said:
but no EVO will cruise at 140 mph at half revs in serene tranquility, no EVO will go a year between sevices and then cost just £300 to get the job done, no EVO will last like this engine will over big mileages and no EVO will get the job done with as little fuss as this car will.
You should never travel above 70mph anyway ;)

No Evo has a Vauxhall badge on it ;)

The Evo only has to be serviced twice a year at a cost of about £200 a pop :)

No Evo is based on 1950's technology ;)

No Evo is based on an Omega ;)
 
1 - 20 of 71 Posts
Top