Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
It is what it is.
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have for sale my 300bhp 2011 Renault Clio Renaultsport RS 200 Cup Silverstone GP Limited Edition (think it must get an award for longest model name?!), number 18 of 50.
It started life as a completely standard RS200 which is not a bad start, they handle incredibly well from the factory and the brakes are also really good standard. The only down side I felt was that they lack a little power (which I later solved!).
Being the Silverstone GP edition it is finished in silver with black roof, mirrors and front and rear bumper inserts. It has the odd little mark on it and few stone chips but nothing really bad. It is fitted with the nicer looking speedline alloys in black.
It comes with the Recaro shell seats, which are in excellent condition, no rips or tears or wear to the bolster, the rear and passenger are hardly ever used and the driver's seat has had a seat cover fitted all the time. The interior is clean and tidy throughout and has never been smoked in.
It's got air con, auto headlights, auto wipers, keyless entry and start and comes with two keys.
It's got only a touch over 28k miles on it and is HPI clear with no outstanding finance or debts against it, it drives better than new and is a good solid clean car throughout with me being only the second owner.

Mods.
I had the car a few months and did a couple of track days and decided to uprate the pads to improve the already incredibly good brakes. I went for a set of Carbotech XP8 front pads which combined with the standard Brembo calipers took the brakes to a whole new level.
Just after this I fitted a genuine Renaultsport Cup Racer exhaust system from down pipe back complete with a high flow sports cat. This exhaust is really loud (too loud in my opinion) and is very close to the noise limit for trackdays. I had an additional motorsport spec silencer made for it however I've not got round to having it fitted quite yet.
After a few more track days I decided that it needed a bit more power while remaining as standard looking as possible. I did a lot of research and found the choices were fairly limited. It was either spend a fortune staying N/A for very small gains, follow the majority and fit a Megane turbo engine or try and find something a little special. I was put off the Megane engine because the loom needs chopping about and to look in the engine bay it is very obvious that its been changed.
I held out and managed to source one of a very limited run of Jamsport supercharger kits. The kit consists of a Rotrex C30-94 supercharger with its own oil system and a stealthy black front mount intercooler combined with black hard pipes and matt black silicone joiners. It has been mapped on the standard Renault ECU with larger injectors by RS Tuning in Leeds which are one of the best places for Renault tuning in the country. It achieved ~300bhp and ~250lbft of torque which makes a proper little pocket rocket. The sensation of the speed and acceleration in this is really strange, my other car is a 400bhp evo and the clio feels faster and just seems to pull and pull.
I will get a copy of the dyno printout up as soon as I can.
As can be seen by the pictures, while it is possible to see somethings changed under the bonnet it isn't instantly obvious what its hiding, most of which is behind the bumper.

I have every part stored that was removed for the supercharger kit which will be included with the car. Should you want to change it back to standard this could easily be done in an afternoon plus a quick trip to RS Tuning for a remap.
The only downsides in my opinion are the exhaust is currently a bit loud and if I was keeping it long term for track work I would probably fit an LSD.
I think the MOT is just about to run out but I will put 12 months ticket on it as soon as a deposit is paid.

The price is SOLD.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Nice to see even more evo owners having Clio's I have also have a trophy myself love the car. I'm sure you won't have a problem selling that nice bit of kit! Perfect for track and road use very nice!

·
It is what it is.
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Edited to add that it's only had 2 previous keepers (including me).

This is a cool little motor! Is it Front Wheel Drive? Have you got a 0-60 time?
Yeah it's still front wheel drive but manages to put the power down really well largley due to the way renault managed to get the chassis and suspension so right!
I've not got a 0-60 time, I will have a try to get one although it would only be with a stop watch.

I'll pop the dyno graph up as soon as I can get photobucket to play ball!

·
Premium Member
10,449 Posts
Nice, perfect track car

·
It is what it is.
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Edited to add dyno printout.

All pms and emails replied to, if you've not had a reply then PM me again.
Thanks, Andy.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts