Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if there was to be another 30-130 event in aug or september who would come put ur names down if u think this is a good idea as i no there are a few super fast cars that cant atend the one in march due to engine builds and car problums. stick ur name down people

·
Premium Member
11,249 Posts
Wouldn't get your hopes up. Finding a stretch of decent tarmac is the problem, not the amount of people who want to attend.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
maybe if there is alot of names down maybe the mlr might be able to book this venue again or somthing for aug or sep.

·
Premium Member
11,249 Posts
You can't just book a like RAF runway when you want. Truth is they have a handful of public days per year and these are all booked. We're always looking for new venues for this, but you need at least 1.5 miles of clean, safe tarmac with sensible sound limits and cost.

Rest assured if we find somewhere, we will run another event. It's not a lack of interest that's the problem.

·
Registered
10,906 Posts
You can't just book a like RAF runway when you want. Truth is they have a handful of public days per year and these are all booked. We're always looking for new venues for this, but you need at least 1.5 miles of clean, safe tarmac with sensible sound limits and cost.

Rest assured if we find somewhere, we will run another event. It's not a lack of interest that's the problem.
I keep meaning to speak to the people at RAF Woodvale here in Southport. Their main runway is 5400ft long (how do you convert that to miles?) and they may be amenable to us using it as there's an annual car show & cernival there that we've attended for 3 years, plus they held the launch of the Keating (so-called) supercar there last year.

Tech specs here

·
Premium Member
11,249 Posts
Thanks Carina, that's about a mile long. Would be ok for 30-130 runs in modified cars, but more standard cars may struggle to do it safely and top speed wouldn't be possible.

Best to drop a note to Darin, he's always looking for venues.

·
Registered
39,091 Posts

How about Crail in Scotland? Its an old air field with a strip.:) I dont know how big that is so i could be way out.

·
Registered
39,091 Posts
How long is it? Needs to be clean tarmac too ideally. Most old airstrips are covered in stones and grit.
Not sure but i know that Tausif who is a trader on here(Cruise Motorsport) can get the use of crail no probs, maybe worth contacting him to get u some details.

·
Administrator
29,355 Posts
Just for information ;) every weekend in September is full, and all bar 1 in august.. so due to having no time, it will be doubtful in either of those months ;) if we can get a venue.

·
Premium Member
11,249 Posts
Not sure but i know that Tausif who is a trader on here(Cruise Motorsport) can get the use of crail no probs, maybe worth contacting him to get u some details.
Can you tell me where Crail is so I can find it on Multimap? Do you have a postcode?

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
june july then lol gutted my car wasnt built in time i really wona do this event gutted i might have to wait till next march

·
Administrator
29,355 Posts
june july then lol gutted my car wasnt built in time i really wona do this event gutted i might have to wait till next march
June is full (too full - we are actually at different events because there are some on the same weekends) - July (at the moment) has 1 weekend free....... see, it is about more than just being able to book a venue :)

Edited to add - and before you ask October is full too :D

·
Administrator
29,355 Posts
And yes - that does mean EVERY weekend away working for me too :blah:

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
You can't just book a like RAF runway when you want.
Spot on Dave. You don't know how lucky you are to have Marham for a day. Their flying schedule is rather busy and there's a lot of admin to let you guys use it. One of my mates was watching the event from the tower :D

·
Administrator
29,355 Posts
Spot on Dave. You don't know how lucky you are to have Marham for a day. Their flying schedule is rather busy and there's a lot of admin to let you guys use it. One of my mates was watching the event from the tower :D
What a lucky guy - I got invited to the 'tower' at Mildenhall (sp?) once, and they were doing fly-by manoeuvres, was a fantastic sight!! :D

1 - 20 of 54 Posts