Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 238 Posts

· Premium Member
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, thanks to finding a venue who can host the event, here are the all important details of the latest MLR 30-130 event. ;)

* Saturday 24th February - 9am to 4pm
* RAF Marham, Norfolk
* Full 1.5mile runway
* No noise limits!
* Limited to 45 cars only - so please book asap!
* £85 per car

RAF Marham is a live Tornado air base so we're very fortunate to be able to use the venue for this event. We'll be using the full length of the 1.5 mile runway of super smooth tarmac which is also 60m wide, the day will be fully marshaled and include paramedic cover to ensure the event runs safely, and a burger van will be onsite in the '30-130 paddock' offering all the usual goodies to make sure no one goes hungry!

For those who haven't run at this event before, all cars will be fitted with a Racelogic V-Box to record the cars performance, cars will run one at a time - the next car will be released when car 1 has past the halfway mark on the runway. Having completed a "30-130 run" from a rolling start all drivers will be able to go on to complete a top speed run if they want. It's not compulsory but you may not have a better, legal and safer way to find out your car's straight line performance.

VERY IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ :
Security at RAF Marham has the highest priority so everyone (Drivers, Spectators and Reserves) will need to be security vetted and cleared by 24 January 2007. (All those who took part in the trackday at Marham last year will not need to be vetted again).

Please PM me with the following details asap for vetting purposes and I will forward to RAF Marham immediately:
* Full Name
* Address
* Place of Birth
* Date of Birth
* Passport number (not essential but this will greatly speed up the process)
* Car make and model driven into RAF Marham (not required for the car on a trailer)
* Car Registration No.

Please be assured that all details will be held in the strictest of confidence.

Bookings:
The event is only open to MLR members and places can only be confirmed by booking online through the MLR Shop or by calling myself or Mechell direct on 0845 12 LANCER (526237). Price is £85 per car. The list of cars/drivers booked in will be shown in a seperate thread.

Reserves and Cancellations:
Once all places have sold out we will run a reserve list. All reserves should PM me their details for security vetting as above. If anyone cannot attend for any reason please let me know and DO NOT post on the Forum offering your place to someone else - as I need to manage the entry list for security purposes.

Spectators:
We are allowed a maximum of 50 cars onsite during the day, so any spectators must come with drivers already booked in - don't forget you need to be security cleared too!

However, we need a handful of people to help with putting the V-Boxes in the cars and changing over memory cards throughout the day, so please contact me if you would be interested in helping the MLR and we will arrange for people to car share.

I'd just like to end by saying a big thanks to Keith and everyone at RAF Marham who made this event possible. :adore:

· Premium Member
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys,

Please see this part of my post;

The event is only open to MLR members and places can only be confirmed by booking online through the MLR Shop or by calling myself or Mechell direct on 0845 12 LANCER (526237). Price is £85 per car. The list of cars/drivers booked in will be shown in a seperate thread.

You need to book to get your name down! ;)

· Registered
546 Posts
Many years ago, I had a week at RAF Marham with the Tornado squadron there - a great bunch of guys, who were into their fast cars (and bikes) as well as fast jets. See if you can invite some of them along for a run in one of the faster Evos. If the V-box works off GPS, then you could also ask if they would do a 30-130mph in a Tornado jet to see how it compares...

Rob

· Premium Member
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Paul,

Please see this part of my post;

You need to book to get your name down! ;)

1 - 20 of 238 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.