Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Iv had my 3 ayc lights interntantly coming on for over a month now.

Iv had TRL bleed the system and they said the pump was fine and working.

when I checked the error codes my ABS speed sensor was coming up so I was wondering if that could somehow set off the ayc lights.

I ask that because when I bought the car the speed sensor was broke so the ABS light was on and all 3 ayc light were on too.
When I replaced the sensor the abs and ayc lights went off.

Suggestions...?:wallbang:

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Check the wiring loom behind the panel in the nearside footwell. Maybe the old water in there problem

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
iv had the carpet out in the passanger footwell and there is no pannel with a loom behind it.....
theres is some sound deadening but just the floor behind it.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
iv had the carpet out in the passanger footwell and there is no pannel with a loom behind it.....
theres is some sound deadening but just the floor behind it.
Its not under the carpet mate, its the panel that joins to the kick plate along the door. If you were sitting in the car its by your left foot to the side

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
The error code should tell you which sensor is the issue. Using the workshop manual, test it and see if it's sound.

You could try resetting the codes too and seeing of it comes back. That's what I'd try first.

From memory, the lights that you have, are illuminated with ABS error codes.

Paul

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have had the same problems for 2 months. After the 1st month my wheel bearing started getting noisey so ran it for a month until i had to replace it as the noise was too much. So far since then my lights have stayed off but i did have to replace the ABS sensor when i did the bearing as it broke when i was removing the hub. Either way the lights are out now and have been for a few days. So its was either the bearing causing my lights or the ABS sensor was faulty but the ABS light never came on just the ACD lights.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Its not under the carpet mate, its the panel that joins to the kick plate along the door. If you were sitting in the car its by your left foot to the side
Ah, checked that and its all good.
The error code is for the off side front speed sensor but I replaced it 1k ago!
Its really doing my head in now.
Im close to booking it in with Mitsubishi as I dont want to put money into "what if's"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts