Lancer Register Forum banner
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

· Premium Member
22,359 Posts
I was going to stroker mine, but i am now going to stick with a 2.0ltr now as i do like to rev the engine and the new turbo's that are about you dont need to go with a stroker to get good bhp and nice torque.

Kenny, I would go with a gsr box....:)

Lee

· Registered
34,682 Posts
i was thinking stroker before i got mine, just prefer a revvy engine me, but i can see the plus side of a good stroker
a stroker would have been good for u, u have a big turbo bros and it would help spool up, personally i prefer a 2 litre on smaller turbos maybe some nice oversize 86m bore pistons or even a 156mm rod and custom pistons on a 2 litre will be nice

for gt3076 onwards a stroker will be nice :D

· Registered
34,682 Posts
No but as Im aware 2ltr rev better/safer than strokers :confused:
strokers r safe mate , even safer wae a better rod ratio

thats where 2 litres come in and a nice long rod and u r in business and besides for high revs mate u need a good set of cams and a turbo tae take u their

· Registered
34,682 Posts
I no what your sayin , but this is for a green , which is relitively small turbo

So as I understand more cc = more air and if the turbo carnt get rid what happens :confused:

And on a rs box that needs 8000rpm+ to near gsr box

Or am I talkin [email protected] :crackup:
my friend i see u r a NR autosport customer, nick will advise u whits best for u mate, nick builds one of the best evo engines in the uk mate
, will save u confusion :D

· Registered
4,163 Posts
I would raise the rev limit on mine if it were forged (2 ltr) there's loads of times I could do with an extra 500rpm like at the pod I'm hitting the limiter in 4th every time just before the line! :wallbang: I'm sure I could do 11's if I had more revs!! Be nice on track too, true, the power will drop off, but not enough for a gear change or braking earlier to make the car go quicker.........

That gives me an idea....... I might forge my engine......... Think I may be speaking to Moses soon :D

· Registered
34,682 Posts
I would raise the rev limit on mine if it were forged (2 ltr) there's loads of times I could do with an extra 500rpm like at the pod I'm hitting the limiter in 4th every time just before the line! I'm sure I could do 11's if I had more revs!! Be nice on track too, true, the power will drop off, but not enough for a gear change or braking earlier to make the car quicker.........

That gives me an idea....... I might forge my engine......... Think I my be speaking to Moses soon :D
lol sad u did have rods but u sold em, they would have came in handy now bros :D

21 - 40 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.