Lancer Register Forum banner

2fast2cool exhausts

5K views 40 replies 16 participants last post by  White Noise 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Well I offically purchased my first mod for the car tonight. Been looking at exhausts and came across one from 2fast2cool of ebay.

Full system de-cat 3" pipe work with a 4.5" tailpipe. It comes with a bung too. Got it for a very good price.

Power gains 20bhp supposedly? Is that accurate or a guess?

Cant wait to get it and see how it sounds. Ill put a vid up once its on.

#2 ·
That seems a massive increase! I doubt it would be that much, but i'd think with a decent filter should make a fair difference :)
Enjoy it though, and get that vid up when its on so we can see how it sounds.
James

#10 ·
:lol: I have no idea. He's selling the more of the same for buy it now price of £229.00

I guess he must of forgot to put it on that one. it was at 62.00 all day. Ive been glued to the laptop waiting to snipe at the last minute.

Had a bit of a bidding war with someone but got it for that price.

:mhihi:

#12 ·
Was it the one on Ebay that had a built in de-cat in the mid pipe?
It looked like that to me ,coz just about 4" before where the flange mates up to the downpipe,there is a bung in the exhaust(well it looks like a bung for lamda sensor!!!):confused:
Ps Rip that bung outta the tailpipe m8!:naughty:
Good power mod for the cash definately!!!:smthumbup
If I am right tho,it is non- inclusive of a downpipe??

Overall a good buy,and you should see gains of abt 10-15 hp m8!:)
-:mhihi:If you want more "easy" gains, mabe go for a 3" bore downpipe,and elbow too!
-If you want to get an extra 100 odd bhp, get a Walbro 255 fuel pump, air filter upgrade,or modify your stock box!
-There are plenty folk on here that have done the airbox mod,with decent gains!!!!
-A hard pipe from your air box to your turbo will get more air flowing,and stop the corrugated rubber crap from bending/cracking/rotting etc...and more power!
- A boost controller ,and solenoid will let you control boost pressure!
- An Ecutek Remap will pull all of the above together,and with a good mapper,and bit of cash later:crackup:, you will be sat nearer to 350-360hp m8!:smthumbup:roll::utahere:

Welcome to the MLR m8! HAPPY MODDIN!!!:naughty:
Get ready to cane the credit card!!!!!:lol:

#18 ·
That would be great if you could mate.

This was the item description :

Manufactured from Mandrel Bent T304 Grade Stainless Steel
This Exhaust System is Mirror Polished and 3" all the way through with a 4.5" Tailpipe with Removable Silencer
5 Piece System Includes Downpipe, De Cat, Mid Section, Rear Box and Bung (Everything shown in pic)
This Exhaust System will improve Throttle Response, and Increase Power by up to 20BHP Plus
Fantastic High Quality Stainless Steel Exhaust that we Guarantee you will not be Dissapointed with.
Gaskets & Bolts included
100% Brand New in Original Box

It was too good a price to turn down really. And I read some reviews from scooby net, skyline forum and they all said he was a top bloke and the stuff he sold was spot on. :smthumbup

#28 ·
I'm sure I bought one for my Impreza, was really cheap and Inc up pipe, downpipe and full system in 3". Looked good but didn't fit great (mount on downpipe to body didn't line up and one if the rear hangers hardly reached the mounting point on the car) but was certainly a cheap 3" system. They don't age very well though.

#31 ·
Well I have read nothing but good reviews from people about them so I feel secure in that.

Ill find out on saturday how difficult it is to put on without the flexi pipe. My friend is a ferrari mechanic so im sure he'll be able to cope :)

#33 ·
Well. Yesterday was interesting indeed.

Had some unforseen hiccups. The old exhaust came off easily enough, which was a good sign early on. We got the new exhaust out and put it together which also looked good. Then came the time to put the new O ring gasket seal on.

We wanted to put the new one on to be professional but then came unstuck when we realised it was too small to fit. So, after a bit of freestyling and 'modding' it to fit, it went on.

Then, as we started to put the new exhaust on, starting from the downpipe, thats where the dramas started to unfold.

It soon came aparent that when the downpipe was on, it was making the whole system angle down towards the ground. We tried to adjust it, but to no avail. So, we sacked off the downpipe, put the original back on and things looked better. However, the tailpipe doesnt sit central in the bumper exit. It sits to the left and about an inch and a half from the top.

Id be lying if I said I was content. I have emailed the company and am awaiting a reply. Ive got some pics, and ill do my best to get the up today.

#34 ·
Well. Yesterday was interesting indeed.

Had some unforseen hiccups. The old exhaust came off easily enough, which was a good sign early on. We got the new exhaust out and put it together which also looked good. Then came the time to put the new O ring gasket seal on.

We wanted to put the new one on to be professional but then came unstuck when we realised it was too small to fit. So, after a bit of freestyling and 'modding' it to fit, it went on.

Then, as we started to put the new exhaust on, starting from the downpipe, thats where the dramas started to unfold.

It soon came aparent that when the downpipe was on, it was making the whole system angle down towards the ground. We tried to adjust it, but to no avail. So, we sacked off the downpipe, put the original back on and things looked better. However, the tailpipe doesnt sit central in the bumper exit. It sits to the left and about an inch and a half from the top.

Id be lying if I said I was content. I have emailed the company and am awaiting a reply. Ive got some pics, and ill do my best to get the up today.
thats a bummer mate, hope you get it sorted with the supplier

#36 ·
Same thing happened to me with a complete exhaust system I bought from ebay. Didnt even nearly fit. Had to put the standard exhaust back on. Eventually got a refund for the exhaust, still £120 out of pocket with labour costs.
One thing thats taught me is to buy proper branded stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.