Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Well I offically purchased my first mod for the car tonight. Been looking at exhausts and came across one from 2fast2cool of ebay.

Full system de-cat 3" pipe work with a 4.5" tailpipe. It comes with a bung too. Got it for a very good price.

Power gains 20bhp supposedly? Is that accurate or a guess?

Cant wait to get it and see how it sounds. Ill put a vid up once its on.

·
Registered
687 Posts
That seems a massive increase! I doubt it would be that much, but i'd think with a decent filter should make a fair difference :)
Enjoy it though, and get that vid up when its on so we can see how it sounds.
James

·
Registered
17,199 Posts
As it includes the decat then i'd say 20bhp would be about right.

I bought a couple of systems off them for my old GTR's they fitted great and sounded even better.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i thought it was a little OTT. :lol:

Hope its not ear-deafeningly loud though, but I guess thats what the bung is for.

Should have it on by next weekend.

Gigedy gigedy :coolsm:

·
Registered
889 Posts
As it includes the decat then i'd say 20bhp would be about right.

I bought a couple of systems off them for my old GTR's they fitted great and sounded even better.
really as much as that? i just fitted a 3'' catback and 3'' de-cat and it does pull better but didnt think 20bhp :)

·
Registered
12,391 Posts
8bhp for decat and true 3"

·
Registered
17,199 Posts
really as much as that? i just fitted a 3'' catback and 3'' de-cat and it does pull better but didnt think 20bhp :)
Well my old 6 GSR with cated stock system made 280bhp, then with a decat, cat back and an pipercross filter and a walbro it made 315bhp on the same rollers (albeit on a different day).

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cool beans. looks like i might have done good then haha.........I only paid 130 inc delivery for it!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:lol: I have no idea. He's selling the more of the same for buy it now price of £229.00

I guess he must of forgot to put it on that one. it was at 62.00 all day. Ive been glued to the laptop waiting to snipe at the last minute.

Had a bit of a bidding war with someone but got it for that price.

:mhihi:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Ever car is different mate, with decatand full 3" and decent you should see UP TO 20bhp gain :) let us know what the quality of it is like, welds etc :) get some vids up to!

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
Was it the one on Ebay that had a built in de-cat in the mid pipe?
It looked like that to me ,coz just about 4" before where the flange mates up to the downpipe,there is a bung in the exhaust(well it looks like a bung for lamda sensor!!!):confused:
Ps Rip that bung outta the tailpipe m8!:naughty:
Good power mod for the cash definately!!!:smthumbup
If I am right tho,it is non- inclusive of a downpipe??

Overall a good buy,and you should see gains of abt 10-15 hp m8!:)
-:mhihi:If you want more "easy" gains, mabe go for a 3" bore downpipe,and elbow too!
-If you want to get an extra 100 odd bhp, get a Walbro 255 fuel pump, air filter upgrade,or modify your stock box!
-There are plenty folk on here that have done the airbox mod,with decent gains!!!!
-A hard pipe from your air box to your turbo will get more air flowing,and stop the corrugated rubber crap from bending/cracking/rotting etc...and more power!
- A boost controller ,and solenoid will let you control boost pressure!
- An Ecutek Remap will pull all of the above together,and with a good mapper,and bit of cash later:crackup:, you will be sat nearer to 350-360hp m8!:smthumbup:roll::utahere:

Welcome to the MLR m8! HAPPY MODDIN!!!:naughty:
Get ready to cane the credit card!!!!!:lol:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
not to sure mate,
japspeed products re very well made and id reccomend them to anyone, had a full system turbo back on my skyline r34 gtt and it sounded the nuts! anlso very well made :) wont go wrong with anything made by them! :)

·
Registered
481 Posts
I've got one of these on and it sounds great and look good. been using it for nearly a year now and never had a problems with it. For the money cant go wrong. I paid £140 for mine too.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No might be sad tonight and record one :).
That would be great if you could mate.

This was the item description :

Manufactured from Mandrel Bent T304 Grade Stainless Steel
This Exhaust System is Mirror Polished and 3" all the way through with a 4.5" Tailpipe with Removable Silencer
5 Piece System Includes Downpipe, De Cat, Mid Section, Rear Box and Bung (Everything shown in pic)
This Exhaust System will improve Throttle Response, and Increase Power by up to 20BHP Plus
Fantastic High Quality Stainless Steel Exhaust that we Guarantee you will not be Dissapointed with.
Gaskets & Bolts included
100% Brand New in Original Box

It was too good a price to turn down really. And I read some reviews from scooby net, skyline forum and they all said he was a top bloke and the stuff he sold was spot on. :smthumbup

·
Registered
481 Posts
That would be great if you could mate.

This was the item description :

Manufactured from Mandrel Bent T304 Grade Stainless Steel
This Exhaust System is Mirror Polished and 3" all the way through with a 4.5" Tailpipe with Removable Silencer
5 Piece System Includes Downpipe, De Cat, Mid Section, Rear Box and Bung (Everything shown in pic)
This Exhaust System will improve Throttle Response, and Increase Power by up to 20BHP Plus
Fantastic High Quality Stainless Steel Exhaust that we Guarantee you will not be Dissapointed with.
Gaskets & Bolts included
100% Brand New in Original Box

It was too good a price to turn down really. And I read some reviews from scooby net, skyline forum and they all said he was a top bloke and the stuff he sold was spot on. :smthumbup
Sorry mate didn't get chance to get a sound clip :(. But hope you'll hear yours soon :).

1 - 20 of 41 Posts