Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MODIFYING An EVOLUTION 8 260

OK PPL I HAVE A NEW 260 AND I WAS WONDERING HOW I COULD GET THE POWER UP (ID LIKE TO BREAK THE 300 BHP MARK), HAVING READ A FEW ARTICLES ON HERE IM STILL UNSURE HOW TO GO ABOUT THIS.…

FIRSTLY I TO WAS TOLD THAT MY 260 HAD AROUND 272 BHP FROM THE DEALER (MITSUBISHI SHEFFIELD) GUESS THIS IS NOT TRUE.…

SO HERES WHAT I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THESE, NO LAUGHING PLEASE!

I WAS GOING TO PUT An EXHAUST ON IT FROM A COMPANY IN SHEFFIELD WHO HAVE TOLD ME THEY DO A FAST ROAD SYSTEM THAT REPLACES THE CAT(S), BUT HAVING READ ON HERE ABOUT THE CEL LIGHT, WHICH I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT, I DON'T THINK I COULD DRIVE ROUND WITH A LIGHT ON THE DASH ALL THE TIME!

THEN I THOUGHT ABOUT THE HKS RACING SUCTION KIT, AND THE EXHAUST DOES THIS EFFECT HOW THE CAR WILL RUN?

THEN I GOT IN TOUCH WITH EXTREME WHO TOLD ME THEY ARE WORKING ON A FAST ROAD KIT (AROUND £1800) WHICH IS A LITTLE MORE THAN I WANTED TO SPEND BUT IF THIS IS THE BEST OPTION THEN ILL GO WITH IT,

SO IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME OR GIVE ADVICE ON HOW TO GET MY EVO 8 260 TO 300 PLUS ID BE VERY GRATEFUL

REGARDS
Dale

·
Registered
10,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for that,
do we know of anyone who as this mod done??

does the car still drive the same??

·
Premium Member
9,526 Posts
have had decat, back box and hks super filter installed going to rr day at ava in 2 weeks will let you know outcome

·
Premium Member
9,526 Posts
yes leave the downpipe in place the small precat has minimal effect on the backpressure but without it you will have cel problems.you will need to remap to get rid of the light if you do a full turbo back system

1 - 6 of 6 Posts