Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know about the spolier, and tyres but what are the EXACT differences between the 260 and the 7 mechanically? I had heard that the 260 has cheaper shocks and springs than the 7, are they still ok or are we just talkin degrees of difference. Also if the 260 produces 280ish brake atf, with the extra cat (over the 7?), surely soon someone like scorpion will make a catback exhaust and a decat pipe for this car thats gotta be an easy 300 bhp without raising the boost . Does the 260 still have the ayc and acd, and tasty bits like the same brembos etc?. I just wondered if theyd downgraded very subtley any mechanicals, and on that point is the engine EXACTLY the same as the 7? Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,799 Posts
Don't know the differences but I can say that the 260 doesn't generate 280 BHP, but 260 out of the box. However the engine will be the same as the one in the VII, but the extra cat will be what sucks a lot of the power.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
The main differences have already been pointed out - more restrictive exhaust, low spoiler and different front seats.

Other than that and the shape of the car there's not a lot else different - except the price. The VII's are generally cheaper then the 260 - the choice is yours, personally I would have the VII as i'm not into massive modding, and love the big spoiler / seats / shape of the VII.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
The 260 has the same shocks and springs as the VIII GSR , but it does not get the Billies fitted to the MR series. It still has SAYC and ACD and Brembo brakes , the only difference , as others have said , is that is is mapped to pass EU emmisions regs and has 2 cats instead of one for this purpose , otherwise (non carbon lo rise spoiler , slightly wider seats and 5 speed box apart) its identical to a VIII GSR.

·
Premium Member
9,526 Posts
[
coz u will end up taking everything apart anyway from the exhaust , air filter and many other stuff [/B][/QUOTE]

so true,but fun

1 - 7 of 7 Posts