Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a budget of around £300 on my E4 tyres, i am looking to fit 225/45/17 can anyone recomend the best make for that buget and a supplier in the crawley/gatwick area?

Cheers Craig

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I just put some 215/40/17s on my E4. There is no way I can fit 225s or a 45 series profile as I would have issues with the tyres rubbing on the archs (note however that my car has been lowered quite alot).

Do you have 225/45/17s on the car now?

Anyway I bought Hankook RS2s - excellent tyre for £90 fitted per corner - perhaps slightly over your budget though. Yoko Parada Spec IIs are also good (prob not as good dry grip as the RS2s) but similar price range as the Hankooks.

You could try Toyo T1-S but there is a mixed response as to whether they are good or not.

I got mine from www.elite-design.co.uk - not too far away from you either.

·
Banned
1,676 Posts
100% do not fit 225 on the rear i have hks all round on my E4 and even on the highest setting this size of tyre rubbed. 215 is the max on E4's

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
215s realy??? ive got a 'bald' set of 225s on wheels i have just bought second hand and have had a quick blast down the road and there seemed to be no issues , its running on cuscos as well and its pretty dam low?? hmmmmmm no im stuck lol

Im sure i read a thread saying people were running 235 on their 4s??

Ive been offerd a set of avon zz3's fitted for 280......any views?

Cheers guys!

·
Registered
13,142 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers guys spent most of last nite reading the toyo T1 Rs hate club! but all i can grasp is no one really know which the best budget tyres (ie not 888s....) are to buy for the evo , its more down to the individuals setup and driving style!!

the hunt continues lol

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Another thing to consider is that a worn set of 225/45/17s maybe okay on your car but a new set may not be.

My old 215/40/17s didnt rub at all, my new ones do - although the same rated size they are in fact different - the RS2s are slightly wider as they have more sqaure shoulders and obviously have more tread - more likely to rub.

Look on this thread - it has a pic of my car. You can see that when stationary the rear tyre just sits under the guard. If you car is similarly low im suprised the 225/45/17 dont rub.

Thread with pics

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont think may car is quite that low! but not far off, thanks for all the info peeps i will keep searching for bargain tyre and let you know how i get on

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you can get hold of the Bridgestone Potenza SO-2 I can highly reccomend them. Grippy in wet and dry and under breaking, good life in them too.

If you do go for them make sure you get the SO-2 and not the newer SO-3, dealers will try and tell you they are the same but believe me, they are not !!!

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Tyres

Hello mate you should try ctyres.co.uk. Just brought 4 good year eagle F1s 225/45/17 for my 6 and paid £315 and got them free delivery. I asked loads of people what sort of tyre to go for and loads of people recomended these.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
FYI - I isolated the rubbing issue to the bumper. After rolling the guards the tyres still rubbed so was a bit confused. I had to cut the bumper slightly where it bolts to the body near the wheel arch. Zero rubbing now. Cant say for sure but I think I could fit 225/40/17 or 215/45/17 without any issues now...still think 225/45/17s is a bit risky on a lowered E4. On stock suspension and height I dont think 225/45 would be a issue - E4s have big ground clearance from factory.

·
Premium Member
4,964 Posts
I have standard E4, and 225 45 17 Will rub, And alter gearing too much. I would not cut my car up to make them fit

1 - 14 of 14 Posts