Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21,179 Posts
Hi mate, welcome. I got my evo 4 months ago on my 21st birthday ;) What i would say about buying is to look in the for sale section on here for a car. At least you can get an idea of the owner and know that it has been treated well and your buying an honest car. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
heavy-lead-foot,
yeah but that only tells you the different evolutions of evo's if that makes sense?! I want an evo 8 but dont know the difference between the different 8's! Just wondered if anyone knew what type the one is in my link, ie a 260, fq300, fq320 etc

·
Registered
21,179 Posts
Uncle Winnet said:
well its not a 260

prop a gsr 280bhp

john
I argree with that. But as said before, forget that link you have and look on this site for your car. What model are you after?? And whats your budget if you dont mind me asking??

·
Registered
8,873 Posts
Uncle Winnet said:
well its not a 260

prop a gsr 280bhp

john
Thats what i would have said as i can't see any badge on the back 300 320 330, but then again it's easy enough to make it look like a 280 etc with a new tail if in reality it was a 260, am sure someone will pop along and detail the exact spec for the exact version, am sure you would be able to tell what spec by phoning mitsi whith the chasis number if it's close enough to view and whoever is selling it is cool with it

·
Registered
21,179 Posts
heavy-lead-foot said:
Thats what i would have said as i can't see any badge on the back 300 320 330, but then again it's easy enough to make it look like a 280 etc with a new tail if in reality it was a 260, am sure someone will pop along and detail the exact spec for the exact version, am sure you would be able to tell what spec by phoning mitsi whith the chasis number if it's close enough to view and whoever is selling it is cool with it
Well its 100% not a 260. It has a rear wiper, different dash set up, air con, different spoiler with no hole in the centre of the boot that you get on the 260. The list goes on. Its a GSR. :p

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool cool. If you dont mind me askin blair260, how much are you for insurance? I was quoted £1700 for a fq300

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
fq300-330 piggyback ecu [and upgraded wastegate Ferrule]
fq300-360 remap /uprated fuel pump.
fq300-400 forged engine,bigger turbo,motec ecu and a few other things.

This is just a rough Idea. 400bhp is easily achieveable with better performance figures because it won't have the lag the fq400 had.
Nathan P's post from another thread might be useful.

Personally I'd go with an FQ 300 and mod it to the required power, as it seems to me to be an economical route to get the car you want, whilst getting all the basic bits you want to start with (half decent exhaust, rear wing, etc), but someone else will correct me if I'm wrong...

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Good luck with the purchase mate. Regards the insurance, Admiral were significantly cheaper than the nearest competitive quote for me, so they maybe worth a try. Or you could try Pace Ward who uses the forum, look under the traders section for their details. They maybe able to give you a good quote.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
youngsyr said:
Nathan P's post from another thread might be useful.

Personally I'd go with an FQ 300 and mod it to the required power, as it seems to me to be an economical route to get the car you want, whilst getting all the basic bits you want to start with (half decent exhaust, rear wing, etc), but someone else will correct me if I'm wrong...
Not too mention HIDS as standard :D

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
Probably also worth considering getting the lowest spec MR possible (300?/320) if you're going to mod it seriously as these come with some worthwhile bits, suspension, better engine internals?, more aggressive wheels and lights etc.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts