Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about buying a second set of wheels for track days and other 'special' roads.

To make things simple and more affordable I was going to buy a set of 7.5x17 wheels and fit road legal semi-slick tires, but a friend has offered me a bunch of free used 21/65/18 Michelin slick tires in D9 rubber (the hardest one as far as I know), so I may go for the 18 route, which seems to me the favorite one in this forum anyway .

These 21/65/18 tires are slightly taller than the standard 225/45x17, so the final gearing will be affected slightly.

My concern is that they also seem to be slightly wider, and I'm afraid they would rub with the wheel arch.

Has anyone tried these type of slick tires in their evos? Any rubbing problems?

Also, any advice on 18 wheels will be welcome (Superleggera are top of my list at the moment).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The only thing I would consider with slicks that no one else seems to have mentioned here is that they give SO MUCH extra grip that braking and suspension flaws get easily shown up. Also sometimes they are NOT legal on track days. I know of one or two people that have had slicks show up other serious deficiencies in their setups which were fine under other circumstances (admittedly not evo though).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts