Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any experience with the 2-piece AP replacement discs as offered
by http://www.powerengineering.co.uk/mitsu/index.htm ?

Also, I've just bought new hubs and bearings. To prevent them from going bad again
what should I do? Watch out when tigthening the wheel nuts, or is there nothing special
one can do to extend their live?

-- Fons

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have been working with AP over the summer with their 2-piece disks. I have currently managed to warp five sets of different 'design' disks. AP (Pete Colins is the guy to speak to) are currently designing a new 'material' to be used in the casting. I have been told by AP that this is a low priority, as there is not much percieved requirement for replacement disks. Realistically they are probably going to use the same material as they are using in their MEGA expensive motorsports disks, there will obviously be a cost implication.

To get back to your question... If you have additional cooling to the disks, then they should not warp. I have done two trackdays (on a set of reground disks) with additional cooling and the disks have not warped (yet !!) I was not even getting one track day before. I would recommend that you wait a bit, or if it becomming a major problem (depending on how many track days you do) then buy the disks, but make sure you fit additional cooling. Either purchase PE's kit (Which is an exceptionally hight quality setof parts, but at a cost) or install something similar.

So far AP have taken about three months (which indicates the urgency !!) to look at designing the new disks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Has anyone on this board tried Godspeeds 2 piece discs. I tried them on my scoob a while back and did a track day at Goodwood with no problems what so ever, so I've got a set on order for my VI ready for Donnington on 3rd.

Not a bad price at 400 quid for the pair, I'll let you they went after Donno!

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
godspeed

i had a set on order to go on my car for a track day i ordered 4 weeks ago still haven t received them now i have ask my money back still haven t heard anything.

that s my experiance

andre

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Adevo
Yes I did have a little trouble waiting for the scooby set, but they were worth the wait. Hopefully I'll get them next week and I'm sure he wont let me down!
We'll see
Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.