Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 12 valve 4G63 Starion.

I read of RWD Lancer owners using the 2.6l gearbox. What work is required to make them fit? I always thought that the 4G63 motor would not bolt up to the 2.6l gearbox.

BTW, does anyone know if the 88-89 European spec Starions had the 6 bolt rear end (like the US ones) ?

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, when I say bolt up to the tranny I just mean 'fit' the rest of the assembly.

So does anyone know any Lancer owners who have used a 2.6l tranny?

O RION

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
You can bolt the 2.6 Starion box straight on to the 'old' Lancer turbo 2.0 engine no problem. The gearlever will sit about 1.5 further back tho'. Not a problem as most people cut the floor a bit. ON the 2.0 Starion box you can swap the tail housings over but I'm not sure if thats the case with the 2.6.

Alan @ Dragon

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response, I appreciate it. I have a 2.0 Starion and want to get a 2.6l widebody and put the 2.0 engine in there (with DOHC head also). I basically have all the gear to do the DOHC conversion but I would rather use the 2.6l driveline because they're tougher (the US 88-89 ones are anyway - not sure about European spec?).

If worst comes to worse I guess I can just swap the internals from the 2.6 into the 2.0 gearbox.

O RION

1 - 4 of 4 Posts