Lancer Register Forum banner
261 - 262 of 262 Posts

· Premium Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #261 ·
babou88: Ok, we understand and we have seen that recommendation. The Evo 5's are smaller ports/lines/cooler than Evo 6 (diameter wise). Thanks for the tip!

adwo: More great info! We actually installed an Evo 9 oil filter housing when we assembled the engine so we do need the 18 mm bolts/lines. We gave up on the Norris cooler - too many modifications. We ordered an Evo 8 cooler and will try to make that work.

The Norris is a very high quality unit both matrix and brackets...

Received few more parts last week...today the install...

New Steering Column surrounds - mine had a boost guage taped to it at one point and marred:

Complete:

Replacement windshield wiper arms...sun weathered and scratched - Love OEM parts!:

Complete:

Also ordered some OEM lug nuts as our current aftermarket wheels use a different type...and the spare is OEM...so now we are prepared!:

And eventually look to install new door weather stripping...current one is a bit flattened...still sealing though!:

· Premium Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #262 ·
OEM Evo 8 oil cooler arrived ($420!)...

Quite a bit more substantial than the Evo 5 unit:

Comparison:

And:

But it sticks out significantly as the mounts are in different locations:

But after some slotting of holes and bending of brackets...it fits beneath the bumper:

And finally!:

However, I had to remove the driverside horn (aftermarket), OEM oil cooler duct (restricts airflow to the larger unit anyway) and is only mounted at 2 points (vice OEM 3). Best option is to fabricate the 3rd mount and I will likely do so in the future (or not). I'm ok with the current OEM like install...waiting for the GBE SS oil cooler lines to arrive now.

261 - 262 of 262 Posts