Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sale is my Mitsubishi Evo IV.

I've used this car as my daily driver for 10 months but a house move is forcing me to sell it. It starts first time every time and has never let me down, it just needs some TLC to get it back to good shape. It has 133,000 on the clock, converted to miles at 103,290 when it was imported in 2008. The mileage will be going up as the car is still used daily.

The Good:
Thatcham Cat 1 alarm with certificate.
Almost completely stock, only the exhaust and coilovers have been changed.
No crankwalk
Good soundsystem with aux in
Clean interior
Only two owners since being imported in 2008
Good history since being in the UK
One rear caliper replaced with a factory new one, the other serviced to make it smooth again
No rust underneath, only surface rust.
A good MOT history that can be checked online, and new MOT'd until 21st June 2017.

The Bad:
AYC pump makes a noise when cornering - the light comes on with ignition then goes out but I don't think it is working.
Air con works but has a leaky hose so it had to be de-gassed.
Steering feels a bit sloppy, apparently just needs the fluid changed but could be bushes?
The engine can sometimes idle high (approx. 2,000 rpm) suspected leak in a boost pipe
Front brakes need some attention
Front bumper is cracked and taped up (stickers are on the bumper to distract away from the duct tape)
Rear bumper has a bit of a dent as shown in the pictures
Paintwork as some chips here and there, it was resprayed at some point in its life and the lacquer has started to flake in places, mostly on the skirts.
The drivers seat has flattened bolstering like most, the rest of the seats are fine
The roof has started to bubble under the paint
One headlight bulb needs replacing (high beam works fine)
Passenger window doesn't open

I've been messed around on eBay and need it gone ASAP due to a house move, picked up this weekend if possible. I've been as honest as possible but I am no mechanic. It has an MOT so can be driven away, but will need some attention unless it is to be broken.

£2,500 but I will consider offers.

I'm happy to answer any questions via MLR or WhatsApp on 07508 150 794 (terrible phone signal at home and work) and should be able to get back to you quickly. Viewings are very welcome, located near Ottery St Mary or my new place near Lyme Regis. It is sold as seen, no warranty or returns. Cash on collection only.

host image online

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
do you want a px at all mate?

I have a 2003 53 plate EP3 with rare leather interior, low mileage (89k) and great condition. Motd etc Was thinking of selling soon.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you want a px at all mate?

I have a 2003 53 plate EP3 with rare leather interior, low mileage (89k) and great condition. Motd etc Was thinking of selling soon.
Sorry I'm not swapping... unless you have a Land Rover Discovery 300tdi :lol:

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Sorry I'm not swapping... unless you have a Land Rover Discovery 300tdi :lol:
:lol: we do have a defender but she aint for sale!!! I intend to sell the EP3 anyway so if you still have when its gone, ill take a wee run down from the west of Scotland and rescue this car!!

Cheers

Matt :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts