Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I have a tasty set of 18x8 OZ Superlaggera wheels on order.

Question is what tyre size, supplier says 225/40x18 but I am sure the car with 18's on at Ralliart had 235/40x18?

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
You should be able to use both 225/40x18 and 235/40x18. With the 225 tyres you will get a 0.4% diffrence in diameter and with the 235 tyre you will get a 1.7% diffrence.

/Maciej

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Maciej,

I gone for that size.

Claudius, the Superlagerra wheel would not fit as the offset was wrong.

By chance the dealer had a set of Speedline GT1's in white that had been specially made for the Evo VI.
This wheel is now avaliable in silver but Mitsubishi UK had a few white sets commissioned for their demonstrators.

The wheels are optimised and are fantastic quality, I have had them fitted today with 225/40 18 S02's.

The car, a red makinen, looks great, the wheelarches are full and the car looks a lot more 'tarmac spec'.

I hope to get a digital camera tomorrow, then I will post some pics.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
I'm running 8x18 Blitz Z1 Technospeeds, 35mm offset with 225/40/18 SO2's. Rolling diameter is very close to standard and with the car lowered I have no clearance problems. If you run 235/40/18 you will need to use Yoko AVS as these have a very flat sidewall, with other makes of tyre they are likely to rub the arch.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
alright, just curious..does the road 'smooth' in Europe? (or most of u guys from?). In Hong Kong u can never fit a 18' with lowering (but hey, if u got a 18 u gotta lower it or ur car will looks stupid), You will get a lot of clearence problem after installing em'

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
RE:18x8 wheels Speedline

Hi there,

Good to hear you got speedline wheels, i think they're the best, at least if we're talking about 18' magnesium wheels that have like 10 spokes or so. Seen them at a rallye team here in France, I lifted one up and couldn't believe how light it was! That's a great driving improvement!

Claudius

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
SIN 6

You worry too much about the looks of your car! Dont lower your car more than 50 mm to 100 mm. The car is made to be that high. If you lower it more than 50 - 100 mm, the front will be too low. This will result in the stabiliser being bent and softer and the car will feel softer. I know this from a rallye team here in France. These people know what they're talking about, they made 5th in Corsica (group N). They use Proflex shocks, 50 mm lower. The factory shocks are too soft anyway...

Have fun,

Claudius

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
SORRY GUYS SORRY!

THAT'S 5 - 10 mm, NOT 50 - 100mm! SORRY! That's about half an inch max for all you English people out there!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts